Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Testing out my Photo editing skills

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testing out my Photo editing skills

Hey guys,

I got bored tonight and couldnt sleep (currently 3:35 am here in Australia..)so I decided to spend some time messing with some photos of our chevelle, my old T/A, my old Camaro, and my current Camaro...all of the pictures were not that great to start with so I spent some time with them and think they turned out nice for how shity the cameras I used were, how small some of the files were to start off with, and for a first time user of the photoshop program that I have. Definately nothing great compared to a lot of the stuff people have posted on this site, but I thought I would share anyways.

Enjoy!

EDIT:
Here are a few more I just worked on for a bit...

Last edited by YoungGunLs1; 05-12-2007 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

Oh ya, all of this we brought on by the sticky in the appearance section on how to take, and creat better photos...so I read through all of it and took a shot at it, and what you see above are my results
Old 05-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Teching In

they look good like the blurring the background but you may wanna tighten up on the car though I like doing similar stuff i usually select the car and shadow then blur/smudgestick everything else. Heres one i did befoe screenshot cuz i dont wanna find the pic again
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...cheap2/scr.jpg
Old 05-11-2007, 12:59 PM
12 Second Club

WAY too much blurring. If you want to get the effect of the car sticking out of the picture, shoot at f/2.8
Old 05-11-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

first, the only picture on there that I actually took was the one of the T/A....every other picture was taken by the previous owner of the camaro, and the one of the chevelle was taken with a 6 year old digital camera by my mom who just snapped it so I could see how it looked with the new wheels they put on while I have been overseas.. I am across the world right now so there is no way for me to actually go out and take pictures of my car...they were simply pictures I had on my hard drive that I thought I would try and make look better than they started out to be..
Old 05-11-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

well done ..
Old 05-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Launching!

I have been trying to edit some of my pictures as well. However my patience ran thin and I gave up. I think I'll stick to leaving them untouched, unless they terribly need fixed haha. It's been working for me pretty well so far. I don't have photoshop though, just the gimp. I'll have to give it another go later.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Dont blur the foreground. And take your time a little bit more, good start! The white trans am pic looks good
Old 05-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Teching In

they look good....the first one kinda makes it look like a toy car hahaha tiiiight
Old 05-11-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for the advice guys..I will make sure I don't do some of the things I did on these on the next pictures I do.

I am only using GIMP for my program as well. I have photoshop CS2 on my computer but I can't use it unless I am on campus at my home university being it is campus software and uses a network key...so I downloaded GIMP to give this stuff a try.