Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Amp tap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Amp tap?

I did a few searches and am not sure what to make of it. I added an amp and used the hi-voltage input to the amp, so I ran it from the most convenient speakers. (I am not sure exactly which is the sail panel) I tapped from the speakers in the hatch that face upward. It helps but it feels like I can't control the bass, it's too constant and doesn't seem to respond to the volume like the rest of the speakers. Can this be because I am taking the signal from a speaker that's already amped?
I have tried working the settings on my x-over amp but I just can't seem to get it right. For now I just adjust the EQ whenever I change the volume.

Its a sony x-plod amp and a decent 10in kicker ( I had them lying around) and it (otherwise) sounds alright.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Yes, it is definitely possible that your line output converter isn't handling the amplified signal as well as it should. There is an easy fix for that - connect the LOC to the wires at the input side of the amp in the back. The amplifier pinout is in the Monsoon FAQ sticky. Pick a pair of input wires and tap into them for your LOC. That way you've got unamplified (well, not exactly - how about less amplified) signal but it's still conveniently at the back of the car.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome! The answer really was right in front of me! You are good sir. thanks alot.