Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

halos, how hard?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default halos, how hard?

so who has installed them personally and is the wiring harness that comes with the one from Zomk Speed the same as the stock harness? anyone else bought these?
Old 05-11-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are easy to install just make sure you line them up and adjust them, the harnesses will fit b/c they are just bulbs that they plug into, but the halo ring itself is two seperate wires a white and red. just hook the two whites up to a ground i chose the bolts right by the headlight that already have grounds running to them, and the reds to either your DRLs or I ran mine to an independent light up switch on the radio bezel.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The actual physical part is a pain the *** but not really hard. They are time consuming to install because you run into various issues fitting the lights back in. The lights are easy to take out but much harder to put back in if you don't do it right. When you put them in, adjust the bracket so that it is as close to the light as possible so you can fit them in easier. The wiring is easy just get some taps from radio shack and connect them how you want.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

I didnt have much trouble putting mine in at all, the only part that sucked *** was trying to splice the wire for the halo's to run with the day time running lights, other than that its not bad.