Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Its Alive !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 04:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its Alive !!!

So I got my car back today. Im in the process of breaking in the new motor and I'll tell you what, its freakin nerve racking. I'm so nervous to drive it now I have every last penny I have made in the last 8 months into it, I swear I am going to have a heart attack over this car. first thing out of the garage I lose fuel pressure to the point it barely ran, so I tore out the ole 255 and cut some of the plastic hose and re tightened then replaced the filter. plenty of fuel now. had to send the heads to a machine shop to fix a rocker bolt hole just before the motor was about to go in the car. I swear to god it better hold up, tomorrow I will drive it around a bit more then do the first oil change. definitely needs some tuning, the cam sounds very nice, sounds like ble ble ble, and seems to anxiously want to push that turbo. doesn't want to idle at all until completely warmed up and even then it doesnt like to. so yea approximately $11,000.00 later (parts and labor) and 8 months in the garage its on the road. time for the 10 or 12 lb spring ~Guy
Old 05-12-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well CONGRTS GUY. I want to see the car when i get back!!!

Brad
Old 05-12-2007, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet! Keep us updated on the tuning and such..
Old 05-12-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Regular

will do, Im sure Ellis might be able to dial it in pretty good, its not terribly off as it is but I havent pushed it over 3K rpms yet. today is the first oil change and some fine tuning and maintaining of turbo parts IE clean the oil out of the intake pipes and mass air so it runs right. check on how much of a pain in the *** the intercooler is gonig to be to mount, etc. Brad how much longer till you are stateside again ? ~Guy
Old 05-12-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I should be back like Mid AUG to Mid SEPT from IRAQ... it can be anywhere in there. So it should be running pretty well by then!!!

Brad
Old 05-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Guy took me for a spin in the Camaro, and I gotta say its impressive. The sound, the look, the way the boost kicks in it almost makes me rethink my engine combo.. When it gets broken in and a good tune that car will be sick. Thanks for the ride man!!!!

TJ
Old 05-14-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Congratulations Guy! It sounds like it's working out well for you