Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

What cam bearings for LS2 stroker?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What cam bearings for LS2 stroker?

I am just about ready to have my 412 ci LS2 stroker built and I am running through all of the peices and I will need before I send it to my builder. I think I will just be getting main and rod bearings with my rotating assembly, so I will still need to buy a set of cam bearings. I see a lot of people going with Durabond cam bearings. Where can I buy these? Is it true that the bearings are different sizes for each camshaft bore? Does the durabond cam bearings come with all the different sizes?
Old 05-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Summit Racing Equip has them - DUR-CHP-23 is a performance set. An yes, the 1-5 position are the larger ones for the 2003 and later blocks. The 2-4 & 3 are different sizes, but the same as the earlier blocks. I ran into this on 2003 6.0 ironblock - they changed to the larger 1-5 mid 2003 year. The catalogs are misleading on this one with the year cut off. I originally bought a set of Clevites and the 1-5 fell through the bearing bore. I called Durabond 800-227-8360 and they set me straight on the sizing.
ANYWAY - best mic your cam bores on 1-5 position to see if you have the larger 2.348, and yes 1-4 is 2.318, and 3 is 2.308 - as the center 3 bearings have remained the same sizes from early on. I AM BUILDING A 2003 IRONBLOCK - SO BE SURE TO DO SOME CHECKING OF YOUR BLOCK YEAR. I put the Durabonds in last night and they fit perfect. I did mic them up before I installed them to be sure. I hope this helps you. I got a new set of Clevite SH-1814S I won't be using until I build up an older year. If you want to make it easy - let your builder get them and save a lot of worry.

Quick Reply: What cam bearings for LS2 stroker?