Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

installing headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default installing headlights

i was wondering if you are supposed to install the headlamp assembles from the front or the rear of the front bumper cover? i just bought the car and there is a gap of probably 1/4 inch from the bottom of the headlamp to the bumper cover. i know this isn't right and it seems the headlamps are just a really tight fit in. any suggestions would be great.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cals400ex
i was wondering if you are supposed to install the headlamp assembles from the front or the rear of the front bumper cover? i just bought the car and there is a gap of probably 1/4 inch from the bottom of the headlamp to the bumper cover. i know this isn't right and it seems the headlamps are just a really tight fit in. any suggestions would be great.
You have to pull up the tabs on the front holding the bumper on (right under the center of the hood). Once out they will allow you to pull the center of the bumper up and off it's support slightly which allows you to get the headlights in.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
You have to pull up the tabs on the front holding the bumper on (right under the center of the hood). Once out they will allow you to pull the center of the bumper up and off it's support slightly which allows you to get the headlights in.
this info helps me out for my project next week, thank you demonbird
Old 05-13-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm....i actually got the headlights out without pulling any tabs. i didn't hear anything break. i am wondering if it was tweaked with on my car. however, i still can not get the gaps out (between the bottom of the headlights and the rear of the bumper where the headlights go. if you understand what i am saying that is....i may take a pic or two showing you.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those gaps are pretty big on quite a few cars. They vary greatly from car to car, and once you put aftermarket headlights in, all bets are off.