Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Product proposal

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 04:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Product proposal

Reading various threads about wiring gauges and stuff wouldn't it be great if there was a simpler BodyControlModule that could be used for conversions.

It would take the serial data and maybe with a DA converter output signals to the items in the car we would need, like oilpressure, watertemp, MIL and other things that would be required.

I think that it would be a market for it.

One other route could be to use the BCM from the donor car and connect it to a modern GM dash. I read somewhere that from 99 GM has standardized the dashunits so they could be used in any car.

Jan
Old 05-13-2007, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand wiring at all, so I'm all for anything that could make it easier!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still trying to figure out gauges, and I've seen several posts in here talking about how the PCM puts out "serial data" for gauge info...is this what you're talking about?

I just spent $800 on gauges (oil press/water temp/speedo/tach/volt/fuel) before realizing that I apparently won't even be able to use the electric oil press/electric water temp gauges with the stock wiring. Talk about a pisser!

I guess it would be really cool to have a module that would convert the serial data from the gauges into something usable by standar electric gauges like the Phantom II ones that I'm using from Autometer.