Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strange brakes & 9" moser

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 06:07 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Strange brakes & 9" moser

The caliper mounting brackets allow the axle to slide in and out of the housing. When the axle is all the way in, the caliper doesn't center on the rotor. I've heard that there is supposed to be a shim between the bearing and the housing when using Strange brakes. Was it supposed to be supplied with the brakes? If not, who sells these shims?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure on the axle sliding in and out. My backing plates hold the axle in the housing, but I also had some plates that came with the rear that looked like "horseshoes" that could be used to hold the axle in...in your case. As for the caliper not lining up on the rotor, ther is a shim kit with a few different sized shims that you use to space the caliper an equal distance apart on each side from the rotor. This step is VERY IMPORTANT or the brakes won't work properly.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:00 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Burkhart Chassis sells the shims that will go between the bearing housing and the bearing. Moser installed the wrong bearing ends on the rear. They put flush mount bearing ends on by mistake.