Maytag = CRAP

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maytag = CRAP

Dont buy a Maytag they are junk... I've had my front loader washer and drier for alittle over a year and the washer just took a **** on me cost 241.38 for a motor control board. The bad part about it is its under warranty parts and labor for the first year only WTF I thought MAYTAG never broke. Anyhow parts are for 2 years and the motor is for 5 years. But here is the other kick in the *****, To get a service guy here its 85 just to show up cause its a front loader then he charges hourly to work on it after he gets here and when I talked to him on the phone he said it would take about three hours to trobleshoot all the wireing to find out where the problem was so.... I said **** it i'll fix it myself and learn a thing or two guess I saved myself afew dollars. BTW washers are easy to work on just need a voltage meter and the Troubleshooting guide thats tape to the inside of the washer lol found it when I was taking it apart.

MAYTAG = CRAP dont buy one.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

why'd you pay for a new board if parts are covered for 2 years? Just curious. Grats on fixing it! Usually the "I'll do it myself" ends in "Please fix what I did"
Old 05-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike2kZ
why'd you pay for a new board if parts are covered for 2 years? Just curious. Grats on fixing it! Usually the "I'll do it myself" ends in "Please fix what I did"

Cause i'm not a service guy lol and that means no warranty if I do the work. But if i pay the service guy the 85 to come here and he takes three hour or more to fix it i would have payed like 250 or more in show up and labor. I'm alittle hard headed when it comes to giving other ppl my money and if I didn't find the problem then i would have put everything back together and call that guy back and said "ahhhh Please fix my washer"