Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil leak out the exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil leak out the exhaust?

Anyone in here after a cam headers install ever notice oil spurting out the exhaust when you first start it?

Any idea what might be causing this?
Old 05-14-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dip Stick
Anyone in here after a cam headers install ever notice oil spurting out the exhaust when you first start it?

Any idea what might be causing this?
Are we talking for a few seconds...are you sure it's oil...I assume the heads weren't touched...what pushrods are you using....
Old 05-14-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

They came with the TSP cam package. Hardened chromemoly pushrods.. Unsure the length. Also had the comp 918 springs.

Well, feel and looks like oil, and tends to stain the concrete like oil. Though I have no oil leaks from under the car anywhere. By the time I get an il chnage I lose maybe 2-3 quarts of oil.. So monthly I tend to check the oil and add as needed.

It will sputter out the oil during the initial crank and then it doesn't seem to leak any other time that I can tell. Will only sputter out the oil during the initial start ups.. It wont do it say when its time to head back home etc.

I was told initially it was just carbon mixing with condensation and dripping out the back. But it never had done this and I never had an oil consumption issue prior to this work.

Im living with the issue now. But if I plan on getting heads work done or something,, I sorta want to know what to ask them to check or look at to see if it is leaking etc,

Thanks for the reply
Old 05-15-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

ttt... any other thoughts?
Old 05-15-2007, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

could it be a problem with the exhaust valve seals ?, have you notice any blue smoke puffs under wot/idling ? have you check the spark plugs to see if they're coated with oil?