LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Opinions: LT1edit vs JET DST(tunercat)

Old 05-15-2007, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions: LT1edit vs JET DST(tunercat)

Alright so im trying to decide between the two companies here for which tuning software to get. Sine I have an OBDII car I have to go with JET DST or LT1 edit (I dont know of any others). Im looking to do most of the basic stuff, eliminate rear O2's, tranny adjustments for gears, and minor tuning right now for the nitrous (timing mainly, but some minor fuel adjustments etc, all the typical tuning stuff). These two cost about the same so the price really isnt an issue at the moment.

I also want to be able to use it for an eventual swap to a boosted application and all the small steps in between (for example, long tubes are going in soon, and then a converter, and then who knows). So im looking for some input as to which is the most user friendly, and the best as far as flexibility and ease of use. Any opinions?

-Josh
Old 05-15-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either one will handle all of your goals... But Ive heard that Jet DST is more user friendly. Which I dont doubt as my LT1edit stuff isnt too friendly.

With JetDST you can get datalogging software that does not require an additional cable. You can get the logging software from TunerCats. The DST kit also is capable of logging external inputs (non-pcm related i.e. wideband, MAP sensors not connected through ECU, etc) when you have the TunerCat log software.

With LT1edit, you have to buy seperate and expensive logging software (Autotap is most popular) to really be able to do anything. Autotap has its own cable/interface adapter and does not support logging of any other external data. So your wideband monitor of choice would be one that logs and has the ability to log other inputs so that you can watch A/F based on RPM, MAP, TPS, etc. (Think LM1 and AuxBox)

The JET DST setup would be the cheapest route, but if you go to the TunerCat forum for help (they made the DST) you'll find a bunch of people who are not willing to help because you werent 'cool' enough to buy it before Jet bought out the product.
This seems to deter alot of people, likely because most dont understand that no-matter the software, your still editing the same parameters in the PCM.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I have not used TunerCat, I have seen the interface. It seems to have a lot more adjustments in it. And the datalogging is an issue, also. I had to buy AutoTap, plus the enhanced parameters, just to do my datalogging with LT1Edit.
I would agree, I would go with JET if I had it to do over again.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought jet. Its not very user friendly. I am afraid to even flash my car with it just yet. The support sucks from jet or that forum. They don't answer anything it seems. Nothing came with it and jet has no user manuals. I am not impressed but lt1 edit pissed me off over some things too. I also thought jet would be good to tune my 99 ls1 but that car is turbo and the jet software seems weak for turbo cars.
Too bad hp tuners don't do obd2 cars. What a mess on this obd2 tuning just lt1 edit or jet only games in town. My dsm tuning software is totally user friendly.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tune Cats blows LT1 Edit away in all aspects and has great support. I get updated files all the time.

You can't go wrong !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinions: LT1edit vs JET DST(tunercat)