Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Did my car have a stroke?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did my car have a stroke?!

Ok, so here's my story. I had my car at the body shop, a body shop I already despised for various reasons. When I got my car back, the right window would go down fine, but wouldn't go back up.

After calling them up, pissed off, I thought maybe it was the window motor, or somthing like that. But then, for no reason, after random attempts here and there, I was able to roll it back up.

I went away to college.

I came back months later and took the car out.

I then rolled my window back down, thinking that maybe it would be fine and I just had a once in a lifetime glitch. I was wrong unfortunately and the window would not go back up.

So now I adjust my seat and try to adjust the mirrors accordingly. I switch the switch over to the left for the left mirror and to my dismay, found that the mirror would only move left, but not right. I then tried to adjust the right mirror and found that on this side, I could also only move the mirror left, but not right.

So basically the right window will go down, but wont go back up, unless you wait and try at random times. And the 'Right' adjust will not work on either mirror, ever.

Now I am confused and depressed cause I have no clue what the hell is going on with this car.

Is it a short? Did the bodyshop screw up some wiring? Please help.

Thanks, Ry

P.S. I posted this in the electronics forum already, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had any input. Thanks again.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:59 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DBeck
P.S. I posted this in the electronics forum already, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had any input. Thanks again.
--see above-mentioned forum.