Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Centerforce clutch problem? No pedal pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centerforce clutch problem? No pedal pressure?

I was driving the other day, pushed in the clutch and gave it a little rev. My car pops out of gear and the pedal goes to the floor! Try as I might, I can't get the car into gear while it is running. I can shift into all of the gears while the car is off however. I have heard some bad things about the Centerforce dual friction clutch, but I have only put about 400 miles on my brand new clutch, master and slave.

I have yet to bleed the system, which I will get done this week. My master is a GM which was prebled, do you still have to bleed the system when hooking up a brand new slave? Anyone have any tips or ideas?

This all happend a block form my house. I had to start it in gear to get it home. Once I got by my house, I got on it a little to see how it would react, it went great! Like nothing was wrong! Could it be the master?

Last edited by phoenix1987; 05-15-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had a centerforce tear up everything inside my bellhousing (including the bellhousing). Sounds like you got lucky, though, and you just had some air working it's way out of the system. I'd bleed it (the correct way) and not worry about it... but if you wanna save some future aggrivation, I'd ditch that centerforce.