Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

NR Auto gauges

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NR Auto gauges

I was maybe interested in getting this overlay.
How hard is it to pull the needles? I'm more concerned with putting them back on and still having them calibrated properly.
If its not too bad I'll get them but if its a real pain I just go with the McEwen overlays

Any info would be helpful.
Thanks
Old 05-16-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the gauges and love them. Its not hard to pull the needles at all as they include a little tool. I have scanning software so it made getting the needles back on correctly was a lot easier. I recommend starting the car and seeing where the gauges are at while the car is cold. Then swap the gauge faces, after that reinstall the needles while the car is cold and running, at the same spot they were before hand. For the temp gauge I would find out where the needle sits while the car is warm and idling. Then install that needle while the car is warm and idling. I suggest doing the install while the gas tank is completely full. I tried doing mine while the car had half a tank. As we all know at half a tank the gas gauge varies quite a bit. If you rock the car a little bit the gauge will move. This caused my gas gauge to be off and I had to redo it. The speedo you'll need to do while driving down the road. Before I removed the needles I took a piece of paper and folded it over and over again until it would just barely slide under the round base of the needle. This gave me a depth gauge of how far to push on the needles when I reinstalled them. You can push the needles on to far but really only if you're trying. Also if you install the needles and aren't happy with the location of them. I suggest putting a piece of paper under the needle removal tool as you can scuff the gauge face with the tool. It sounds liek a lot of work but it really didn't take very long and in my opinion they were worth it. My buddy has Macewens and drools over my NR's everytime he gets in the car. Here are some pics.
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2057/7357/114516.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2057/7357/114515.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2057/7357/114626.jpg
Old 05-16-2007, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Z95M6 Great info and thanks for the tips,

Anyone else have any input?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adrenaline_SS
Z95M6 Great info and thanks for the tips,

Anyone else have any input?
One other suggestion is if you can buy or borrow a spare cluster. Then remove the needles and swap the face. Then install the spare cluster but don't bolt it in. It'll sit in place and function with out being bolted in and see where the guages sit. Then drive down the road with the cruise on and see where all the gauges are at. Then while driving yank the cluster and swap it. Then install the needles while driving. The clusters will remove very easily if you keep the gauge lens off.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

I don't think I'm brave enough to swap clusters going down the road,
I though about just taking some digital photos of the dash cluster while cold and then warm and use it as reference when putting the needles back on.
The spedo I might do on the road like you suggested. If prior to pulling the needles, I check to see exactly how fast I am going,, for example 5th gear at 2k rpm; then all I have to go to 2k rpm in 5th gear and match the speed.

Quick Reply: NR Auto gauges