Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal sticks to the floor.Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch pedal sticks to the floor.Help!

Well it all started when I was on the highway and I did a 50mph roll with a turbo RX-7 and once I pulled about 2-3 cars on him I shifted to 4th then I let go but once I pressed the pedal to shift into 5th the pedal got stuck to the floor.So I pulled over to check the car and clutch fluid was all over the floor so I towed it back home.In the morning I tried bleeding it just to see what was wrong.So I told my bro to press the pedal while I was under the car and it leaked where the steel braided line connected to the slave so I was like ok the slave needs to be replaced so I did replace it it was a pain in the azz cuz I needed to drop the tranny and torque tube oh and the whole rear suspension with only two floor jacks.So I installed the new slave and I tried bleeding it but it still stays stuck to the floor it feels dead with no preassure.What do you think is wrong?do you think the master went out or I need to keep on bleeding this sucker oh by the way it is a 99 C5 corvette coupe 6spd.Thanks for looking hopefully someone can help
Old 05-17-2007, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like the o ring seal is bad on the line itself
Old 05-17-2007, 10:20 PM
wrencher

Well if it is no longer leaking the master is likely gone. You might need to replace it as well.
Make sure you bleed it out well.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:14 AM
Launching!

No see I replaced the slave.The line that connected to the slave was the one that was bad so I replaced the whole slave so that means I fixed the leak but what I dont get is that the pedal gets stuck to the floor even though I dont have a leak anymore but well if I do need to replace the master is it hard to do?
Old 05-18-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure how it is on a C5.

On an f-body the master is easy. You dont even have to jack the car up.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:02 AM
9 Second Club

The master is easy to replace, pull the driver wheel, then the panel that is to the back of the wheel well. you will see the master on the firewall. unhook the quick connect on the hydraulic line, unhook the rod off of the clutch pedal under the dash, twist the master cylinder about 90 degrees, and its out.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, it seems to be easier on the vette.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Crap this just in I replaced the slave with a new one and we bleed it but the new one started leaking after we were done so that pissed me off cuz after all I did was just for nothing I know its the slave were it has the spring and were it pushed the clutch so ima just replace with a ram so while im changing that ima change the master also...
Old 05-19-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't need to remove the wheel well, remove the winshield washer tank and move it out of the way. Hardest part is uncoupling the line, but if you did the slave you should know how to do it.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vettenuts
Don't need to remove the wheel well, remove the winshield washer tank and move it out of the way. Hardest part is uncoupling the line, but if you did the slave you should know how to do it.
yeah I know what your talking about at first I was like wtf cuz I didnt know what to do or how to do it.So I was under the car for 30 mins just inspecting it and all of a sudden I said F it and I pushed it together and in the other end I was pushing the plastic o-ring or what ever people call it.I didnt know why I was pushing the plastic o-ring but I felt more comfortable pushing it and the I pulled it away and snap it came off but yeah it is wierd how that line was made I know GM could of made a hell of alot easier way but thanks for all yall inputs but if people still have things they wanna mention im still open for suggestions

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal sticks to the floor.Help!