Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

BOV?/Help

Old 05-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BOV?/Help

Ok, did a search and didnt really find anything that helped so here goes. I just installed my BOV and everything seems to work just fine except there seems to be alot more turbo lag than before. Once i'm making full boost it stays and doesnt bleed off but why is it taking longer to get up to full boost? Could it be i need a stiffer spring? I have a 11# in there now. Could it be the spring isnt fully broke in yet? Any other reasons you guys can think of. By the way i'm running a 50mm BOV if that makes any difference.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

kinda of a stupid response but are you having any boost leak? Logically, and things sometimes aren't logical at all.... well, if you had a set boost response and now you install a valve that bleeds of boost during off throttle/boosted applications, then you are having an exhaust leak. It can be a bad joint or seal, weld, coupling, maybe the valve itself ins't sealing correctly, etc.

Or, it can something completely different! I would first look for a leak of some sort and go from there.

good luck!
Old 05-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Checked for leaks and nothing. I know its not the exhaust because i drove it right before i put it on and ran fine, now there is quite a bit more lag
Old 05-19-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

is this an A4 car or M6 car? im asking because you said you were driving it without the BOV. Why was it run before install? w/o the BOV that boost has no where to go.

anyway, i would adjust spring, it could be bleeding off boost.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BOV?/Help