Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Cartech dead at like 3000 miles questions and stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Cartech dead at like 3000 miles questions and stuff.

I bought the tex twin but was selling my cartech to buddy but we just pulled it out and its big time fubar.I never tracked the car and only did some 3000 rpm launches maybe twenty total. I had maybe 3000 miles on the cartech. I did have some problems in shifting to third before drill mod the car would not go into third. Also had problems with the adjustable master not holding setting and think this also gave me problems with both engagement and disengagement. I will try to take some pics but can describe things.
The flywheel is very heat scored and grooved and cracked. It was a turned factory flywheel. My bolts were tight nothing was loose. Clutch disc shows massive heat score the pads are worn down almost like there is 100,000 miles on them rather than the 3000 that is actually on them. Pressure also shows heat and some grooving.
Could hydraulic problems like problems with engagement and disengagement have causes all these symptoms.
I went thru my factory clutch fast but was also slipping to try to get better 60ft times and was having big problems with it getting into third before drill mod. Only did drill mod near end of that 3000 miles on the cartech.
It really seemed to help.
I swear to god this is likely to be the last clutch I ever buy for my 99 ta.Think it will be 480le from here on out.
I barely put any miles on my car in last two or three years. I had continuing problems with engagement and disengagement and blame a lot of it on adjustable hydraulics needed with the cartech. The tex at least using stock hydraulics.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you didn't have the master adjusted properly and the clutch was constantly slipping.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are good grooves in the flywheel and pressure plate.

Quick Reply: Cartech dead at like 3000 miles questions and stuff.