Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Engine bay cleanup questions (Steve2000SS???)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine bay cleanup questions (Steve2000SS???)

OK the Hawk is down for a few weeks while it's under the knife. There will be a few days where I'm waiting for parts or something and thought this would be a good time to clean up the engine bay a little bit.

I have already polished my A/C compressor and A/C lines. But in looking at Steve2000SS's canister his looks like honest to god chrome. Is his canister chrome dipped or did he just polish the hell out of it? Would like to get mine that shiney

Also I remember seeing a write-up, that I believe Steve wrote up, and it dealt with how to route the wire loom on the far passenger side of the engine bay under the wheel well. Has anyone experienced any problems with moving the wires into the wheel well? Also, does anyone have a link to this writeup?

Other than colored wire loom, can you guys think of any other way for me to clean up my engine bay? Thanks guys.

Mike B.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Engine bay cleanup questions (Steve2000SS???)

Here's the write up for the !Passenger Wire Mod that Steve and I did to our cars. I think one person had a problem after foing this mod. But he traced it down to 2 pink wires that he crossed.

http://www.poltergeist.us/Misc/WireMod/

As far as the AC canister, when Steve had his car down the last few months he took it to a polish shop and had them do their thing to it.

You can also relocate the ground wires in the bay & remove the stickers on the drivers side shock tower.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Engine bay cleanup questions (Steve2000SS???)

Thanks for answering Rob -- I was outta town..

Yep.. professionally polished off the car, and it did look like chrome when they were done

Just take your time with the wire mod.. oh, ive seen where people have done it without cutting wires but it requires a rather large hole be cut..

Good luck on the project

Quick Reply: Engine bay cleanup questions (Steve2000SS???)