Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my Heads (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got my Heads (pics)

Patriot LS6 stage III that I bought used off of a member here. Part # 2015 with the 64cc chamber.

Two questions:

1) Can anyone confirm that these should have the same deck height as my stock LS1 heads? I'm about to order some pushrods and gaskets and want to double check before I buy.

2) Is there something special I should be using to clean them up a bit before I install?

Old 05-19-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Second to last pic(were your toe is lol) measure the thickness of the head bolt boss, should be around 1.610"-1.615"
Old 05-19-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Louie83
Patriot LS6 stage III that I bought used off of a member here. Part # 2015 with the 64cc chamber.

Two questions:

1) Can anyone confirm that these should have the same deck height as my stock LS1 heads? I'm about to order some pushrods and gaskets and want to double check before I buy.

2) Is there something special I should be using to clean them up a bit before I install?
if there used i would get them shaved just enough to make sure there true so you can get a good seal on your gasket. that will clean the deck for you as well. have the machine shop cc them for you and you can confirm the chamber volume then. they can also clean and look over the entire head for you (check for cracks, check the valves, guides, seats ect.) for a additional charge.

but if your just wanting to clean out the intake runners, exhaust ports, and combustion chamber i would spray them down with some brake kleen (green can). i used that to clean my heads out before i put them back on and it worked great.

Jon
Old 05-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

get a $20 pushrod checker to 100% sure just or go with 7.4s. since the heads are off are going to go ahead and get some LS7 lifters?? cheap and good insurance.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bo White
Second to last pic(were your toe is lol) measure the thickness of the head bolt boss, should be around 1.610"-1.615"
I don't exactly know what a headbolt boss is, but I measured everything in the picture except the exhaust port (and my toe...oops lol) and nothing seemed to be 1.61 inches.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:23 AM
TECH Addict

The head bolt hole at the end of the head under the exhaust port, measure the distance from the top(were the bolt head would normally be) to the deck.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:54 AM
12 Second Club

Patriots Perf. are made stock hight but, customers can request milled heads. thats why Bo White is suggesting to check bolt boss. that will tell you if heads have been mill'd which can help some on determining p-rods size. p-rod size will be can be determine by cam base lobe and if head was milled....
Old 05-20-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I see says the blind man. Yeah, they aren't milled. I did check them the way you asked Bo, and it did come out to be about 1.615".
Old 05-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Teching In

7.4s should do
Old 05-20-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Good, mill em down now
Old 05-21-2007, 10:08 AM
FormerVendor

Couple of things for you to consider: You are assuming that these heads are Stage III 64cc chambers. In the past, we only created a 59cc chamber in the Quench style heads.

Secondly, to verify these heads are what you think they are, why don't you send them to us and we will check the exact chamber sizes.

Bonus - From time to time we like to choose a customer that we can help out by going above and beyond what is expected. With this in mind, we offer you the opportunity to send these used heads into us and we will go through these heads completely and install new guides, valves, and springs - ALL at No Charge. While we have them here, they will get our latest valve job design and milling. We will verify all the information about these heads. All that we ask, is that you take some 'before and after' pics and that you be patient because the lead time on this will be about 3-4 weeks - due to existing work load.

As we said, we like to do this to show our commitment to providing the best customer service possible. Please take some Before and After pics.
Any questions, give me a call. Here's your chance.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Gunnar, you guys consistently amaze me with your killer customer service. I need to get in touch with you guys when I get back from the Sandbox!

Marty
Old 05-21-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gunnar@Patriot
Couple of things for you to consider: You are assuming that these heads are Stage III 64cc chambers. In the past, we only created a 59cc chamber in the Quench style heads.

Secondly, to verify these heads are what you think they are, why don't you send them to us and we will check the exact chamber sizes.

Bonus - From time to time we like to choose a customer that we can help out by going above and beyond what is expected. With this in mind, we offer you the opportunity to send these used heads into us and we will go through these heads completely and install new guides, valves, and springs - ALL at No Charge. While we have them here, they will get our latest valve job design and milling. We will verify all the information about these heads. All that we ask, is that you take some 'before and after' pics and that you be patient because the lead time on this will be about 3-4 weeks - due to existing work load.

As we said, we like to do this to show our commitment to providing the best customer service possible. Please take some Before and After pics.
I can honestly say that from what I have seen, Patroit has the best customer service i have ever seen.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gunnar@Patriot

I will 100% take that offer! I'll take all the pics you want and post them on the 5 zillion car sites I am on.

I appreciate that....wow.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

that is a great deal Gunnar! Take him up on this offer.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Launching!

looks like you might NEED a shave due to the scratch / marking on the left combustion chamber at least if you are planning to run a multilayer headgasket,

Old 05-21-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Thats why I said mill em now. Was wondering if anyone else caught it.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:03 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the good words!! Just get us the information Louie and we will get you taken care of.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:31 PM

Just get my heads done! the waiting is killin me
Old 05-21-2007, 06:41 PM

Send them back to patriot. You won't get that offer from another sponsor.