Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what cats to use instead of mac's

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what cats to use instead of mac's

Shortly I will be doing a mac header install with the high flow cats. Everyone keeps saying that the mac cats suck. Why is this so? I figure I might as well cut the ones out and weld a better pair in so I don't have to do it sometime down the road. Which catalytic converters does everyone recommend using? Links or company names would be helpfull. Keep in mind that I am trying to keep my car as emission legal as possible. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:39 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: what cats to use instead of mac's

If you are going to get different CAT's, then just get the MAC headers with the off-road Y-pipe. Its cheaper that way, since you are already gonna have to pay the money for different CATs too. Random Tech and CarSound are probably the two best CAT's out there. Many of the sponsors to the right have them. -------------->
I got my Random Techs from LS1 Speed, Inc.
Here is the link for Car Sound.
Just get the off road y-pipe and the aftermarket CATs and have them welded into the Y-pipe.

Old 04-28-2003, 11:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: what cats to use instead of mac's

There was actually a thread on here not too long ago where someone tested some aftermarket cats and I believe Carsound CATs came out pretty good and the price is better compared to the Random Tech ones. Hope this helps.