Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Can anybody remedy this alignment problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anybody remedy this alignment problem?

These shots are from the driver side, looking up on the fender to the hood. First shows the back corner. I'm not sure why these are raised (like this on both sides). Not real sure how to get them down unless the bottom part of the hinge has some adjustment. Second shot is the hood raised over the fender. It's only like this on the driver side. Hood stop is all the way down. Reckon the hood has slightly warped this way?
Attached Thumbnails Can anybody remedy this alignment problem?-100_1087.jpg   Can anybody remedy this alignment problem?-100_1088.jpg  
Old 05-20-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

It took me a good 2 hours to get mine right. The hood stops in the front are more for minor adjustments once you get the hinges/struts right. Try undoing the 2 hinge bolts and the 2 strut bolts and starting over on both sides. Thats what helped me the most. Its all trial and error. Once you get the sides right you can adjust the stops up/down for minor tweaking. Wish there was more i could say to help. Good luck.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Veteran

I think I've exhausted my options as I have had the hinge bolts and the strut bolts undone to get this far. Looks better than it did, but still pretty bad. No adjustment on the bottom part of the hinges?
Old 05-21-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Veteran

I fooled with it some more and burned up a couple hours. Not really any change. I give up, it's by far no show car anyway.

Quick Reply: Can anybody remedy this alignment problem?