Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

325 qa1 springs on stock f body shocks help

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 325 qa1 springs on stock f body shocks help

I got a set of 325 qa1 springs off a ls1techer....and I got my stock shocks off...and the springs removed

first thing I notice the qa1 won't ft in the rubber isolators on the bottom....but without the rubber isloaters they fit fine in the metal cups but I would think that would sqeel like crap....

anyone shed some light on installing these on stock fboday springs....
Old 05-20-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone??
Old 05-20-2007, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

I had the same problem, but with KYB AGX 8 way adjustables..

I believe that QA1's go with QA1 coilovers only. i dont think they work with anyone else but QA1

dont know if this is possible, but maybe you could take a small length of rubber hose or garden hose to put around the bottom of the spring to prevent squealing. if that is the path you choose to go
Old 05-20-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98TADRIVER
I had the same problem, but with KYB AGX 8 way adjustables..

I believe that QA1's go with QA1 coilovers only. i dont think they work with anyone else but QA1

dont know if this is possible, but maybe you could take a small length of rubber hose or garden hose to put around the bottom of the spring to prevent squealing. if that is the path you choose to go
now dats a good idea...but like on ls1speeds website listed under just buying springs it says to the fact to be used on stock shocks...
Old 05-20-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The QA1's are a coilover shock and as I remember, they are going to use a 2.5" diameter spring. Those won't fit in the stock perches and would possibly work with the ground control weight jacks. However, the stock front springs on many of these cars are about 292 in lbs (as I remember) and the difference in rate isn't really worth the hassle.

What do you want the car to do? What are you trying to accomplish with these springs.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trackbird
The QA1's are a coilover shock and as I remember, they are going to use a 2.5" diameter spring. Those won't fit in the stock perches and would possibly work with the ground control weight jacks. However, the stock front springs on many of these cars are about 292 in lbs (as I remember) and the difference in rate isn't really worth the hassle.

What do you want the car to do? What are you trying to accomplish with these springs.

i have an iron block and a turbo and with that weight the car sags down a good bit and wanted to add stiffer springs...

but looks like im gonna have to buy the qa1 coil overs..
Old 05-21-2007, 07:33 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by SINISTER
I got a set of 325 qa1 springs off a ls1techer....and I got my stock shocks off...and the springs removed

first thing I notice the qa1 won't ft in the rubber isolators on the bottom....but without the rubber isloaters they fit fine in the metal cups but I would think that would sqeel like crap....

anyone shed some light on installing these on stock fboday springs....

Those springs are for only for the QA1 coilovers. I would not recommend modifying the spring or the stock shock to try to make them work.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 05-21-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
Those springs are for only for the QA1 coilovers. I would not recommend modifying the spring or the stock shock to try to make them work.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302

dammit

bend over grawb ankels save for a rainy day when i get some some qa1 coil overs

Quick Reply: 325 qa1 springs on stock f body shocks help