General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Problems with my 98 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems with my 98 camaro

I have had a few problems lately with my 98 camaro and was wondering if yall could help me try to figure out what it is?

The first problem- I will be driving and start to slow down and ill be going like 5-10 mph and the rpm's drop down to around 4-500 and it starts to act like the car is going to die but it never does. It does this constantly when im going at a low speed or if i am in slow moving traffic. Any ideas?

Also- The car back fires. After i fill up the car with gas it usually back fires and when the car gets to about a 1/4 tank it backfires when i start it up (i stopped letting it get that low and it stopped backfiring with low gas). But like today i went down to work fed the boss's cat and drove about a maile or two up to a conaco gas station shut the car off went inside for about 3-4mins and when i came back out and started it up it back fired, and now that i think about it it hasnt back fired in a while till today.

Anny help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks- Zach
Old 05-19-2007, 09:56 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Moving to General Maintenance/Repairs....

Are you getting an SES light? Is everything tight with the clamps for the air lid/bellow/Throttle body? Any damage to the bellow?
Old 05-19-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry bout the wrong section

Yes i am getting that light but when i had it checked it said it was for the catalac converters which i was told were gutted. Havnt checked the clamps. Not sure about the smooth bellow ill have to check it