Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

need real info about auto loan

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need real info about auto loan

2 years ago i bought my Yukon Denali from a local dealer and financed it for 5 years. Last week i just enlisted in the Army and will be going off to basic after my summer college courses end. I have now been trying to sell my truck(past 3 months) with no real luck so far, my friend told me something that i was under the impression no longer existed.. that i could basically turn in my truck, to the bank or dealer, and they cant penalize me and i could end the loan early due to military enlistment. I was previously told that it used to be like that a while back but no longer. Anybody able to give me the actual answer? I'm pretty sure it doesnt work like that anymore, so is there any other action or such to help me get rid of the truck? i'll have no need for it so to let it sit 4 years is a waste.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was/is called the Soldiers and Sailer Relief Act, I have no idea if it's still avalible though. And I never heard anythig about being able to just turning in a vehicle. I though it had to do with interest rates on debt you acruded before entering the Armed Services.

OK, guess it's now called the Service Members Civil relief Act:
http://www.fair-debt-collection.com/searches/SSCRA.html