General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ls1 to lti tail light issue (camaro)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ls1 to lti tail light issue (camaro)

ok so i got some lt1 tail lights and used the ls1 harness. Now at night when the lights are on it onl illuminates the outside two bulbs not the third inside bulb, it does light up when i turn the blinker on for whichever side but it doesnt have the constant light like it should. Any idea what the issue could be?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone :dunno:
Old 05-21-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Saw Someone With LT1 Lights On The "Appearance" Forum. Just Try Searching There, Or Make A Thread There
Old 05-23-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had no issues, all i had was physical problem, had to trim third bulb hole to fit connector in, but all bulbs that were supposed to work, did. Dumb question, but gotta ask, did you check your bulbs?
Old 05-23-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98SS1LWEE
i had no issues, all i had was physical problem, had to trim third bulb hole to fit connector in, but all bulbs that were supposed to work, did. Dumb question, but gotta ask, did you check your bulbs?
yeah the bulbs all work, they just work differently on LT1 cars, heres a post from a local bored that explained it for me

[quote name='SilverTurtle' date='May 21 2007, 11:52 AM' post='291609']
that's the difference between LS1 and LT1 lighting harnesses... the LT1s had the light down low where the turn signals are on the LS1s... so when you turn the LS1 turn signal on, it lights that lower stripe up... until you turn the turn signal on, it stays off... I dont think there is any fix for this other than using an LT1 wiring harness for the rear lights... that or wiring a jumper wire from the outside lights that stay on to the inside light that does not

good luck
[/quote]