Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble starting

Old 05-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble starting

So I got off work today, hopped in my car... and it wouldn't start for like 5 minutes. Starter would crank fine, engine just wouldn't turn over. Buddy of mine looked at the engine while it was doing this and it was making a psh... psh... psh... sound like air was escaping every second or so while the starter was cranking. Dunno where it was coming from.

After a couple of minutes of that I tried again, turned the key, and it lit off immediately like it always does. When I got home it lit off fine three times in a row.

Mechanically it's been exactly the same for two years. No new mods. Only thing I've done recently is put Mobil 1 5W-40 oil in for an oil change last week and drain and fill the radiator with new Dex-Cool.

Any ideas why it would behave that way? I hope it starts when I need to go somewhere again...
Old 05-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: the coolant level is way too high... I knew it was high before, but I didn't realize how high. Any way I could have gotten an air pocket in the system somewhere? Would that affect the starting?

No codes are being thrown.

Last edited by ssrunner; 05-20-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Search this Thread