Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Edelbrock total handling kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock total handling kit

Has anyone bought this setup? Its got virtually everything in it you would need, so they say. Its runs 1100 buck tho. is this a good deal? What is the product like?

any opinion appreciated

Thanks alot
Old 05-20-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While exciting to discover new things, there are several here who can recommend a laundry list of suspension parts that will yield real world, proven results.

Nothing wrong with Edelbrock parts. But it has been my experience that "cookie cutter, one size fits all" kits will yield noticeable results. BUt they are generic in nature and leaves a lot on the table.

JMHO.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

No offense but why would you want to buy suspension parts from a company that built its name doing carbs and intakes. Give UMI a call I dont think you can go wrong there. Also unless you are wanting to get a boat load of stuff $1100 doesnt seem to be all that cheap.

Originally Posted by iamnitrox
Has anyone bought this setup? Its got virtually everything in it you would need, so they say. Its runs 1100 buck tho. is this a good deal? What is the product like?

any opinion appreciated

Thanks alot
Old 05-20-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you're talking about the one that's on the Jeg's website that includes:

Shocks
Lower Trailing Arms
Trailing Arm Relocation Brackets
Panhard Rod
Torque Arm
Coil Springs
Hardware

that is a somewhat decent price for the number of components that you would get.....but the question remains: how good are those components?

i can guarantee you that you can get a far better setup purchasing parts seperately, especially seeing as how a good set of shocks start off in the range of $350 - $400 by themselves, and only go up from there.....and a really good set of shocks is probably the most important upgrade you can do to the suspension in terms of handling ability

check out UMI Performance's suspension parts, as well as Sam Strano's selection of shocks/springs

it may be more expensive, but take my advice and do it right the first time. if you get the cheaper parts and you're not satisfied, you have to just buy more parts again to replace them, negating the price savings you started with.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

Price seems kind of high. What is included in this kit?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Price seems low for quality stuff.

shocks are going to be what 875 4/4
Springs 250.
panhard 170

Thats over 1100 right there. so I'm thinking these shcoks are nowhere the quality of Koni's. I would buy something else.

What are you trying to do? Often times its not good to change that many parts at one time also.