Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Anyone used this Matrix Coating before?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used this Matrix Coating before?

This is a paint protection system that claims to stay forever and beads water, etc... Not to mention the deep glossy look and "no need to wax your car ever again".

Have you used this? If so, any comments?

Matrix Coating Link Here
Old 05-21-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Check appearance and detail forum, someone there might have used it?
Old 05-21-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Resident

I did a search and nothing came up. I was wondering if anybody local had any experience with this product. It's going to be applied on my car tomorrow, I've seen it on another car and its like 10 coats of Zaino for life...
Old 05-21-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My buddy is a painter, he told me to stay away from coatings like that because they make it nearly impossible for paint to stick if you ever need any touch-up done. He told me that if you are going to get it done to make sure and get the right chemical to remove it from the installer.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

I've heard the exact opposite, that it's easier to work on surfaces treated like that. Maybe we're talking about different products...

Anyways, my car is in for this treatment, I'll post comments after I get it back.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Can I ask how much it was and will it keep water spots off your paint, bird crap from eating thru, etc? So far it sounds good.....unless it makes it harder to do repair work to the paint.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

There are a few positive reviews on amazon.com and I was told that the product makes the water bead off much more than anything on the market. They call it "nanoparticles" and it seems like it will make life easier when it comes to removing bird crap out of the paint surface.

I was also told that people who use this product at car shows laugh when they see others dusting their cars all the time. Matrix users claim all they do is rinse the car with clear water and nothing else.

If it's too good to be true I don't know, but I'll find out when I get my car back. It's a four step process and I was charged $380. I know it seems a lot when you can get the product for much less, but I drive a boat and I'm lazy so...
Old 05-23-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WS6freak
I did a search and nothing came up. I was wondering if anybody local had any experience with this product. It's going to be applied on my car tomorrow, I've seen it on another car and its like 10 coats of Zaino for life...
Try over on the "other" forum....as a lot of those guys are soooooo totaly into that ,......eh,......thing. A lot of the guys over here just want to have fun. Spelled T.O.R.Q.U.E.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

Ok, Bye!
Old 05-26-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WS6freak
There are a few positive reviews on amazon.com and I was told that the product makes the water bead off much more than anything on the market. They call it "nanoparticles" and it seems like it will make life easier when it comes to removing bird crap out of the paint surface.

I was also told that people who use this product at car shows laugh when they see others dusting their cars all the time. Matrix users claim all they do is rinse the car with clear water and nothing else.

If it's too good to be true I don't know, but I'll find out when I get my car back. It's a four step process and I was charged $380. I know it seems a lot when you can get the product for much less, but I drive a boat and I'm lazy so...
Sounds like a decent deal. Did you get it back yet and if so, how did it turn out?
Old 05-27-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah let us know about the results, i might go with it too

Quick Reply: Anyone used this Matrix Coating before?