Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sneak Peek @ My System. (Double Din, Components, Subs)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sneak Peek @ My System. (Double Din, Components, Subs)

So far its coming along nicely, I dont have access to my camera at the moment so my phone will have to do for now. The system is pretty much all installed, just have to mount the rear view camera, mount the sirius antenna, and build an amp rack for my rear seat delete. As for the head unit trim bezel, my friends going to cut the stocker to fit, and I'll have on fiberglassed in the near future. Here are a few shots of the head unit and some of the install.

The devastation behind the H/U. lol We added even more since this shot, if you can imagine that.

Holy ****... it does fit! lol

The components... doors are back on now.

Passenger side crossover mount. Fit perfectly.

I got to mess with the H/U, set all my colors, and even upload my own backgrounds. (Fail 2 Fall is my production company.) This is the audio/video background.

The Navigation background and the map in nighttime view. (Cant see it all, just the bottom bar that I designed and the pontiac logo to the right.)

And my fancy loading screen, lol.

Being a graphic designer really has its perks sometimes, lol. Im so stoked about the backgrounds I made, haha I feel like I've been trying to get this system parted together and installed forever! Finally I can say I'm really happy with the system, just gotta tweak some things and get the last few projects finished. I knew I could fit a double din in here without having to move anything. Nothing a dremel tool couldnt handle.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

thats really cool.. does it show up while music is playing?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

i can hide the controls and the fail 2 fall audio systems screen shows up, and the title/artist display on the bottom.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

What head unit is that? looks real good, Cant wait to see it once you finish the trim bezel.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Pioneer's new Avic-d3. So far im nothing but satisfied with it. Havent been able to use all the features, but what I have so far has been great. I cant to see it done too! lol
Old 05-20-2007, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i like how the side buttons are red to match the rest of the interrior lighting. do your steering wheel controls still work?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you think you could PM me and let me know where you got that HU and for how much? I really like it a lot. Did it come with the rear view camera? or is it something sepearte that can be plugged in? Thanks
Old 05-20-2007, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, thats a big selling feature of the D3, you can pretty much customize the colors of the hard buttons and the screen buttons. Its bad ***. So it'll match your interior lighting perfectly.

Michael, go here... this guy got the same deal i did.
http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtop...ht=crutchfield

The camera is a pioneer unit that you can also buy, plugs right in like the rest of the accessories. Normally 250, but its free when you buy the D3... if theyre still running that special. I'd call to order and ask them about it. Good luck, PM me if you need any help.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow. thats a good deal. I want one so bad. Do you have the adapter for your steering wheel controls?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah its a kickass deal. I didnt get the pac controller actually, but I might. It really might not be worth it, lol I dont know if I'm that lazy. The side buttons on the headunit control the volume and tracks anyway... tho i dont like having non-functioning buttons. lol I'll probably just play that by ear.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Is the D3 touchscreen?
Old 05-29-2007, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, with a few hard buttons and an analog volume **** on the left side.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you inputting from? I've been looking to do something like this with the ability to hook up a laptop or an in-dash PC to be able to tune an FJO nitrous controller with. What's the resolution like on small text?
Old 05-29-2007, 09:31 PM
12 Second Club

Its all self contained, its a fully functional headunit from Pioneer. Though there is a free video input for those type of applications. However, IMO if you're going to have a laptop in the car, you're better off using the laptops screen. A carputer is different, then it'd make sense.

As for the resolution, its pretty impressive actually. No problems with legibility, its comparable to most flat panel computer monitors, just on a smaller scale.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Teching In

How did you get the DD to fit in your car and how were did you, or how did you make the dash kit. looks great