Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Hate/Love Relationship But its the 1st of its kind! 1000HP

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hate/Love Relationship But its the 1st of its kind! 1000HP

We are sure you guys will get a kick out of this crazy project of ours. Whether you hate it or love it. This is the first project of this kind in the world and we are proud to be a part of this exclusive project. This projects will create ooohss and ahhhs from both sides of the court. The main goal of this project is to create a substantially high horsepowered 1st Gen Camaro. The 2JZ motor is known for its high horsepower potential and maximum reliability while doing so. We wanted to do something that has never been done before. With the good looks of Classic American Muscle and the spirit of Japanese Turbocharging Technology we have fabricated one of the best combinations in the world. The 1st Gen Camaro is already familiar with a Inline 6 anyhow, that was the base motor that it came with. But it wasn't turbocharged or designed to handle 1,000HP. All opinions are welcomed! Thanks! Just wanted to share with you guys here.

SPECS:
Inline 6 Cylinder (1,000HP est.)
Precision Turbo w/ Anti Surge Technology (Polished)
Massive Greddy Air Intake Manifold (Chromed)
Chrome Intercooler Piping
Blitz Front Mount Intercooler
6 Speed Getrag Manual Transmission
Custom Made High Performance Driveshaft (Designed to handle well over 1,000HP)
Heavy Duty Currie Rear End
Baer 14" Brakes
Aluminum Pulleys
RPS Turbo Clutch with worlds only Single Diaphragm Pressure Plate Technology
RPS CYN-R-G Segmented Flywheel(Worlds First Billet Flywheel Not Designed To Warp)
Hydraulic Brake System (Similar technology to AMG Braking Systems)
Tubular Exhaust Manifold
High Performance Throttle Body
Precision Fuel Injectors
High Flow Billet Fuel Rail
Custom Stand Alone Engine Management System
Blitz Electronic Boost Controller System

Here is a glimpse of the project!

Last edited by evsmotors; 05-23-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very Interesting Very Different, I'm not the kind of person who screams about abuse of a classic. Honestly, This is cool I'll take one
Old 05-21-2007, 02:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Very clean work there. How about some pictures of the rest of the car...and of course, this thread is worthless without some video and track times.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

how could you that?! nah just messin. the 1st gen camaro is a beautiful car. the 2jz is a wonderful engine. it's definitely different but sure looks very nice. i'm sure it will run well too. you should put up some video clips. i want to hear the 2jz cammin' lol.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:53 PM
12 Second Club

Shutting up now

Last edited by sbusby; 05-22-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

looks cool to me and will prob make the car more balanced with the lighter engine in the front
Old 05-21-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

looks like i'll be the one to say it...no...not meant to be
Old 05-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Muscle Cars are about lots of Torque and lots of HP. This car will represent that definition with around 1,000BHP and 700-800lbs of Torque. We believe in improving on the classic, even if it means new technology will be used.

I know some of you guys won't be happy about this, we can't appeal to everyone. If you don't believe in this swap, than you don't believe in changing anything on it. Because everything we do on it is not original including the paint, it is Viper Red. The braking system technology originates from AMG cars hydraulic braking systems. So is that wrong to improve on the safety of the braking system even though its not original?

Thanks for the support guys! We will be doing our best to represent both sides of the court with this build.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

That's just wrong in so many ways. My 69 is crying now, death of a family member.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:06 PM

im a ford guy and that is horrible just due to the fact that you just put a toyota engine in a gm (which just got passed in the sales race by toyota) grrr i hate toyotas and that engine acutally weighs considerably more than an lsx engine
Old 05-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Without innovations you won't have many widely successful cars in existence. Shelby dropped a Ford Big Block in a European Roadster and called it a Shelby Cobra, today that car is worth half a million to over a million. The McLaren F1 a British car is powered by a German Engine from BMW. You have the Mercedes SLR with a British Motor. You have Lamborghinis (A Italian Exotic Car) with German Engines. All the cars above are referenced as Automotive Icons in the Auto Industry. I'm not saying ours will be, but if all builders went by the book you everyones car will be the same (maybe different valve covers or air cleaners). All Land Rover models are powered by Ford Motors. Multiple GM cars are powered by Toyota Engines. See anyone complain? Just because manufacturers do it thats ok, but when a custom shop does it than its all wrong?

Here is the facts, the base model 1st Gen Camaros came with Inline 6 motors. This is now a Turbocharged Inline-6.

We don't expect everyone to agree. But we will share our thoughts.

Last edited by evsmotors; 05-21-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Just to give you guys an idea of the type of cars we build.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Staging Lane

Staging Lane

Old 05-21-2007, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

There will be some people who will appreciate the fabrication, hard work, and difficulty of designing and installing a non-oem motor/driveline/etc in a classic.

Others will scream bloody murder because you're throwing a "rice" motor into an American classic.

I applaud your work, and ambition. If you used an LSx motor you could probably get to 1000 hp more cheaply and with less weight (just guessing) but to stick with the "inline 6" configuration, your options are limited.

You probably could have tried turbocharging the straight 6cyl 4.2l Trailblazer motor if you wanted a truly unique project 6cyl without pissing off the Chevy guys. However I'm guessing they're not as capable as the 2JZ?

Keep us posted, it definitely LOOKS nice!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Billdog350 thanks, we appreciate any well built motor. We wanted something different. If we dropped in another V8, the same thing we have been doing for more than half a decade it would just be one of the same thing again. As a custom builder we do get bored of the same routine. Without these crazy ideas people won't be innovative, we need to bend the rules sometimes. We wanted something different, and something we are comfortable with. We have dealt with the 2JZ and its a motor not to be reckon with. 800RWHP from a stock block is not uncommon, while also being reliable as a daily driver. Look at it this way guys, the car is going back to its basic roots as a Inline-6 (the base model motors that came equipped in these cars for '67-'69). Only now its Turbocharged and much more advanced!
Old 05-21-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

It looks like you do some nice work. I can appreciate the fact that you went in a different direction. The 1st gen is an American icon we all know that. I've seen ford engines in Chevrolets, Chevrolet engines in a ford. I don't think putting a japanese engine in an American made 60's/70's muscle car is impressive. Looks like nice work but it's not for everyone and probably not alot of folks on this site. Mine, lol.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Banned

That car no longer has a soul. I can't believe someone would drop a Japanese motor in a classic American car. Its an insult to American engines everywhere.

There are so many better choices for engines, and American ones at that. You aren't going to get the respect from anyone interested in classic American cars by dropping a 6 cylinder jap motor in it.

When you start it people must think it has the old straight 6. Actually, the old Stovebolt 6 probably sounded better than that nippon motor.

Anyhow, props for the custom work, but zero respect for ruining a good car with that motor.

Reminds me of 3F3F. I didn't think anyone would ever do that in real life, guess I was wrong
Old 05-22-2007, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

for me, its not really the fact that its japanese, its not the fact that its a 6 cyl, its the fact that the thing is gonna have a nice 1000 rpm powerband, and be nutless around the street until 5500 rpm's, then you'll just spin the tires, then shift, and end up going no where. not only that, but its a street machine. nice trailer queen.

i do respect the work that went in to it, but have fun looking at the car sit in the driveway...

Quick Reply: Hate/Love Relationship But its the 1st of its kind! 1000HP