Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

question???? camaro front door speaker wires

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default question???? camaro front door speaker wires

ok dont wanna sound stupid but anyhow heres the deal my fronts never worked and i been wondering why so i took off my door panel today to find some moron owner before me cut half the speaker wires and just left them dangling anyhow i finally got it straight which ones were the highs and which were the lows but my question is for both the left and right side door speakers are all the red still positive on the speaker connections for both the highs anf lows on both speakers? im putting in some 62.7i's and was wanting to be sure about the positive side and negative side on both speakers dont wanna cross nothing over! some body help!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe so -- what does your supposed "negative" wire look like? Usually safer to go by those colors....if I recall correctly though -- they just used standard red/black where it splits -- you're safe to make the "logical" assumption then that red is positive, etc.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks but whitebird00 helped me out he pm's me back.....like i thought the reds were positive and the blacks are neg as usual just wanted to be safe and not blow my new speakers up....thanks ..........