Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

mtx thunderform

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default mtx thunderform

search is acting up, does anybody know anything about those mtx thunderform enclosures?? how they sound, are they worth the money, etc...
Old 05-21-2007, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are okay, I prefer the JL stealth box instead.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had 3...MTX Thunderform, Vantage, and Subthump. They all sound about the same and they all have about the same airspace volume-.6cu.ft. It really depends on the sub more than anything. In the MTX I ran a Clarion svc sub and an Alpine Type-E...sounded fine for kick drum type bass. Then I put a RF HE2 in it and that put out a little more low end. I had a JL W3 in the Vantage which is almost the same as the thunderform...plastic. That sounded the best and would've sounded just as good in a thunderform. The MTX thunderform falls short in the sub that they put in it not the enclosure itself. If you can find one unloaded or one with a blown sub...use that with your own sub and you'll be fine. If your expecting thunderous low end...go a different route though as they don't quite have enough volume for that. I currently run 2 subthump enclosures with RE Audio subs...sounds amazing!!