Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Did Wire Mod...Car Has NO Power! Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did Wire Mod...Car Has NO Power! Need Help!

I did the wire mod a week or so ago...and today I just got my battery back in the hot rod to crank her up and I got no interior lighting guages or anything. ZERO power to the car.

Where should I start checking?????...I have a total of 7 grounds that I can count that are grounded...Could the connectors that I took apart and put back together, (which I know are connected to the correct connector because I marked all of them) have something to do with this or is this strictly a bad ground or positive?

Please shoot me some input and feedback, so maybe I can go through a check list tomorrow and figure out what I have wrong.

TIA
Old 05-22-2007, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Good luck bro....hopefully someone can help ya.

But this is exactly why I haven't done it lol.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:15 PM
FormerVendor

Is your battery dead?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

-Check your battery / its connections first. It's the easiest.
-Then check your ground connections that you disconnected, and ensure they are making good contact / are placed back into the right place.
-I know how bad trouble shooting can be (EE Major), but if the previous doesnt work, you are probably going to have to go through and check every connection.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by toofazt
Is your battery dead?
I charged the battery on a trickle charger for 4 hrs or so today then I hooked up a booster charger to it to make sure and I still got nothing.

Originally Posted by Zymosis
-Check your battery / its connections first. It's the easiest.
-Then check your ground connections that you disconnected, and ensure they are making good contact / are placed back into the right place.
-I know how bad trouble shooting can be (EE Major), but if the previous doesnt work, you are probably going to have to go through and check every connection.
- I changed the positive bolt and both the pos. and neg. were nice and tight on the batterys connectors.
- I did do some relocating of some of the grounds, but all seemed to be tied up correctly. It was getting a lil dark outside once I finally got around to starting the car and checking for issues so maybe I will find that one of the grounds have started working their wire off of the connector.

I just seriously hope I dont have to go back though my wires that I relocated under the fender because me and my buddy made a plate to further protect the wires and tack welded it underneath and it will be a major PIA to take off. Hence my stupid *** mistake to not check all of this right after I did the mod before I made the plate, but I was into completly sanding down and painting my engine bay, so I was distracted away from it doing so directly after...

It seems with the few respondses that it may just be bad ground or pos. which is a plus but always a PIA to trouble shoot stuff like this...

Wish me luck fellas, and anyone else with some feedback...please respond!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:45 PM
FormerVendor

When you tack welded the plate, you're positive that it didn't melt any wires, right?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

It was a pretty wide plate that left quite a bit of space on each side of the wires, and I already had them mummy wraped in electric tape, so on that Im not positive that I didnt but I really dont think we did...We didnt get to intense with the welds just enough to do the job...

Ill make that check tomorrow when I have some good lighting...I sure damn hope I didnt!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Everything is good! Had nothing at all to do with the wire mod! It was just an over looked mistake with a ground wire and postive connection being tight.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Good to hear you got it fixed.