Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scorpion roller: anyone with experience or an opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Scorpion roller: anyone with experience or an opinion?

I'm looking for a set of 1.8 roller rockers to install on a friends vehicle. We had settled on Harland Sharps until we saw these new Scorpions in GM High Tech Performance magazine. The company video says they make rockers for other companies who then put their own company name on them. It's kind of hard to tell exactly which companies they are speaking of by looking at a picture, but it appears some roller distributors are using Scorpion to make their rockers for them. Does anyone have any opinion or experience with the Scorpion brand name and these LS rockers in particular? Apparently they have been making rockers for quite some time as they also make them for other GM small and big blocks. I'm now wondering if I should get the Harland Sharps which are shaft mounts or these Scorpions which utilize a "U" channel to keep the rockers in alignment with the valves.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/713034-scorpion-roller-rockers.html
Old 05-23-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Scorpion makes a good product.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have read on several forums now that the Scorpion's have a very narrow wipe pattern centered on the valve guide. That alone makes them worth a closer look. They are also supposed to be stiffer than the stockers as well. If you do get them, please post feedback. I "believe" they are made in the USA too.