Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Ohh the stock Cd play has gone to shit i think

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ohh the stock Cd play has gone to **** i think

So I was on the way home from my buddy's place today. When the CD play begins to flash err for no reason at all. Their is no Cd in the player. I can put a CD in and it will send it right back out. I have seen this Err message when I have a badly scratched CD however their flat out is not a CD in the player. Even when the car is off it sounds like its trying to eject the CD. I don't want it to run down my battery and well to be honest that little message is really annoying. Ideas?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Will it hold in a CD or kick it out right away. If it holds it in for a bit you may want to try a CD cleaner, but most likely you are going to need a new radio.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:03 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah it wont hold a CD. I disconnected the battery for like a good 2 hours that seemed to do the trick for now. Do these things just go bad a lot? (the radio)
Old 05-24-2007, 08:08 AM
TECH Junkie

the radios do go bad. Mine is on its way out- the lights don't work, and one of the speakers just blew.