Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque arm question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque arm question

Im having a hard time finding anyone that actually has the non adjustable BMR TA in stock.Should I just go with the adjustable?I know it can help traction but is it a pain or hard to get dialed in right???Any info on Torque Arms would be helpful!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd go with the adjustable one.....they aren't all that difficult to get set correctly....i just installed my adjustable UMI arm, and it was easy
Old 05-23-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

Go with adjustable. Me and a freind installed my BMR adj. on my old Z/28. It was VERY easy! The hardest part for me was getting the top bolt on the tranny mount. The BMR unit will come with a magnetic tool that helps you find the right angle. If I remember correctly I set mine to -2 or -3 (its been awhile so I can't remember off the top of my head, but BMR lists recomendations in the instruction book). I was VERY pleased with the outcome, and I am not exactly Mr. Goodwrench!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We have the non-adjustables in stock

If you need any help please let me know. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 05-24-2007, 08:47 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by SuperZ
Im having a hard time finding anyone that actually has the non adjustable BMR TA in stock.Should I just go with the adjustable?I know it can help traction but is it a pain or hard to get dialed in right???Any info on Torque Arms would be helpful!
Looking at what you have done to your car in your sig, I would recommend the adjustable unit to get the most out of your setup. Once you set the torque arm up once it's a piece of cake to change again if needed. If you have any other questions I can help you with please feel free to ask or just give me a call.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 05-24-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
Looking at what you have done to your car in your sig, I would recommend the adjustable unit to get the most out of your setup. Once you set the torque arm up once it's a piece of cake to change again if needed. If you have any other questions I can help you with please feel free to ask or just give me a call.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302

yep,

installing the torque arm (adjustable or not) is the hard part, and that's not even really that difficult....once it's installed, it's really easy to adjust the angle.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:21 AM
9 Second Club

Ok so what angle do most of you guys set yours at without being to much angle?Once the angle is set is it locked to where it wont move on its own??Thanx guys
Old 05-25-2007, 04:27 AM
TECH Addict

i'm gonna be honest with you, i'm not even really sure what my pinion angle is at.....i installed it the way it came from UMI (and just tightened the jam nuts to keep them in place) and tested it out, and there was zero vibration at any speed (100mph+), and i hook better than i did before....it even got rid of the little bit of vibration -- and most of the "play" that i had when shifting gears -- that i had when the stocker was in place.....so i didn't mess with it anymore.

however, if it ever does need to be adjusted, it will be extremely easy to do....take a look at the picture HERE....that's the exact one i bought....all you gotta do is loosen the jam nuts, turn the adjuster a little bit, tighten the jam nuts back up, and go test it again.....rinse/repeat until your car hooks the best it can with no vibration.

the exact angle is going to vary from car to car....some say 0°, some say -1°, some say -2°....these are going to be just general guidelines to get you in the ballpark so that you can fine-tune it for your own particular application.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SuperZ
Ok so what angle do most of you guys set yours at without being to much angle?Once the angle is set is it locked to where it wont move on its own??Thanx guys
I run negative 2 degrees.
Once you set your pinion angle and tighten the bolts it won't move.
I have a BMR adjustable TA and have never had an issue with it.
I recently went to a Strange 12 bolt and the TA bolted right up.

Oh thanks for the bolts Lee.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:36 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by revtime
I run negative 2 degrees.
Once you set your pinion angle and tighten the bolts it won't move.
I have a BMR adjustable TA and have never had an issue with it.
I recently went to a Strange 12 bolt and the TA bolted right up.

Oh thanks for the bolts Lee.

NO Problem Glad to see you got it all together......

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302