Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Just got bodywork done to car, have many fine swirls. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just got bodywork done to car, have many fine swirls. Help!

**It's also in the body and paint section, but no one frequents over there, mods, please let this stay here. Thanks!**

guys, i need your help!

i went and picked up the car yesterday and was pleased. however, today when i inspected it closely in the sun...well i wasn't so happy.

what was done:
*changed and painted front bumper cover
*fixed quarter panel dent and refinished
*fixed door panel and repainted
*colorsanded whole car to take of swirls and scratches

i asked them too change and repaint the front bumper cover. that looks great. the door looks good too. the only bad thing about the whole car is the fact that the car was colorsanded and i can see fine scratches!

by scratches i mean swirls. in the sun i can see where the machine when ahead and left very fine swirl marks from sanding. you know the ones that look super shiny. they are all over the drivers quarter panel. i can't feel them with my fingers but the sun sure does make them stand out.

what can i do here guys?
do you think i will have a problem having them fix this because i brought it home for one day?
also, is this something than can be fixed or does it have to be repainted?

i paid quite alot for this work, because i was under the impression that it would be done very very well. and now i have this problem. guys, please help me out and give me some info.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds to me like they didn't completely finish buffing it, they went with a swirl remover but didn't finish with a fine pad and glaze. It's they're problem.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:20 AM
On The Tree

i figure it's their problem too. now i have to convince them that it is and have them fix it. they are a reputable shop so ideally i shouldn't have a problem with this. but we will see. let's hope they do the right thing. the more i think about this, the more pissed off i become.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Technically, you could probably take care of that yourself since it sounds like swirls a step above micro-haze... They obviously got lazy after sanding the paint down and left out the finishing touches.

For what you probably paid, hell yeah they better do it.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would have them do it .. because if you do, and then have issues, they will blame you, and then you will be SOL ..

give them a chance to make it right...
Old 05-24-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

what he said
Old 05-24-2007, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

i looked at my car today and figured that i don't want to deal with the shop anymore. the swirls are there, but to the untrained eye their not even visible. i'll just take care of it myself down the road. the car overall looks very good, and the 315 bfg's and HID's will make it look even sweeter. will post pics when i get both of these things done in the the weeks to come. thanks for your input guys. i appreciate it.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just got my car back from the shop and they did the colorsanding and buffing. it looks brand new, got all the scratches and swirls out. u need to go back there and get ur money. thats bs. dont let them do that to u. i dont know how much u paid for it(i paid around $60), but its still ur money and u paid them to do their job and they didnt.

Quick Reply: Just got bodywork done to car, have many fine swirls. Help!