Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAC counts.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 07:04 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Default IAC counts.

I've been messing with various ways of ridding myself of the last litte idling issues I have and the latest meathod I've tried is drilling a second small TB hole. My main hole is at 13/64ths and that was giving me a warm idle IAC of about 50 in drive and 45 in park. So I added a 5/64ths hole just above it, which brought me to about 28-30 in drive and 23-25 in park. My question is, is that too low? I'm still dealing with some minor idling issues and I'm wondering if I went too low with the IACs?

I've also noticed in the past, that any time I make a change to the cars idle, it takes hundereds of miles before it seems to get used to the change and "stablize" again. Maybe that is the reason I'm still having some issues. Is it normal for it to take awhile?
Old 04-29-2003, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: IAC counts.

An IAC of 30 to 50 it what most people shoot for with the engine at full operating temperature. Some people get the rpm's to "hang"(when coming to a stop)and then slowly return to idle if they over size the blade hole. My IAC's read 0 at idle, warm, and I've not had any problems???