Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From oil consumption to fuel in oil !!!!!!!! help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default From oil consumption to fuel in oil !!!!!!!! help !!!

I had the rings replaced in my 99 T/A about 3,000 miles ago and it is still using oil and now while we were doing another oil consumption test the oil has risen on the dipstick 2 inches above the full mark after driving 48 miles to the dealership. They won't admit it's gas, because they can't "smell" it and so they drained the oil down...let the car idle for 4 hrs supposedly and saw no change...said they put dye in oil and tested the exhaust and found no traces of oil in exhaust. It is not coolant....and the oil is very black after only 500 miles on it....ANYBODY got any suggestions???? 99 T/A, Auto , 49,000 miles , I am the 2nd owner and just purchased the car at 43,000 miles...Luckly I purchased an extended wty!! HELP!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2003, 08:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: From oil consumption to fuel in oil !!!!!!!! help !!!

The main way to get gas in the oil is from a leaky injector. At shut down it will bleed off the gas into the cylinder. But that sounds like allot of gas. with that much I think you would be able to smell it. It was allot more common in carbonated car when the float stuck.