Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

somebody side swiped my car :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default somebody side swiped my car :(

damn can't get the pictures to upload and transfer from my phone. sorry. will figure it out. but im so bummed out. my pride and joy hurt! i was parked at school and when i got off i see my drivers sides scraped! my side miror is broken, my door is cracked my front side panel scraped and scratched, my lip hanging and beat and my bak side panel scraped dented and scratched and my upper side panel has a dent, and my steering wheel shakes when i drive and its pointed to the side and my backwheel cave is bent! man. i called the police and he really seems like he's investigating and searching for the car. he'll let me know tonight. i only have liability on my insurance. do u think my motor got affected? do you think i may have frame damage? i know some stuff but im no super car guy. the cop says my car looks like it was hit hard. how much do u think this is gonna cost me to repair? what should i do i will post more pics tonight. thanks

edit: pics here. more to come. having trouble transfering pics to computer from cell phone. thanks. notice that that part in my wheel well is bent. is that bad? http://pontiactransam.multiply.com/photos
Attached Thumbnails somebody side swiped my car :(-05242007-017-.jpg  

Last edited by vipert/a; 05-24-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry to hear dude.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Launching!

thanks. me too.
do you think this affected my motor? and do you think i may have frame damage?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Launching!

oh and how much am i looking at here? do you know where i can get panels or is what i have fixable?
Old 05-25-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it isnt gonna hurt your motor any. people seem to think a motor gets ruined in a crash for some reason but truth be told you got no idea how hard you gotta hit a car to break a motor.

frame damage, highly unlikely. you said your steering wheels shakes, that means something with your front suspension is bent or out of alignment, possibly a tie rod or an A-arm but my best goes to the a-arm.

no idea on the cost to fix it, but it isnt that bad. its just a lot of little things that broke. your biggest concern needs to be your front suspension, your 1/4 pannel can be pulled straight, the dents can be popped out or filled in, and all the scratches cnan be resparyed.

good luck with it though, if you got any questions feel free to pm me.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry to hear bro. goodluck with the fix
Old 05-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Launching!

THANKS ALOT BROS. and yeah tainted, i should be pm'ing you alot. i'm going to the dealership for an oil change and have them check my car out. probably get an estimate on repair and see what else got hurt. will let ya all know whats up.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Launching!

okay so get this, total repair cost is $7292.64.
$3,000 of that is just parts. so thats like 4 grand for labor.
i have no idea what to do.
all i know is this tuesday i'm going to school to hunt down a white/silver/light colored car, with missing fake lug nuts, broken side mirror and some damage!
Old 05-26-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vipert/a
okay so get this, total repair cost is $7292.64.
$3,000 of that is just parts. so thats like 4 grand for labor.
i have no idea what to do.
all i know is this tuesday i'm going to school to hunt down a white/silver/light colored car, with missing fake lug nuts, broken side mirror and some damage!

shop around, buy used parts. the 1/4 pannel can be fixed so I dunno if they tried to buy a whole new piece or what, but get some quotes from several shops
Old 05-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Default Update Update Update Update

so based on the white paint smeared on my red car, i believe the person that hit me was in a white car. yesterday i went hunting for white cars with a passenger side damage. i found it. a 98 up camaro white. it had the damages me and the officers were looking for. it had smears of my red paint on his. his panels were cracked pretty bad. as were mine. because he hit me hard. and he has two lugnuts missing. we recovered two lugnuts from the scene when i discovered my car damaged. the lugnuts match. mind you, this is a school lot, not a mall lot, so the sAME people show up everyday. this car was parked far away but in the same lot. we got his plates and i took loads of pics w/c i for some reason cant upload. there is so much evidence to pursue this car. but there are some officers that go "why would he come back to the scene of the crime??" they doubt its him. but some think it is. do i have a case here? what should i do? thanks. your support is important.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Launching!

Exclamation newer update

kay, so no ones listening. but im desperate here and in love with my car, so i'll post anyway in hope of tips etc.
UPDATE:
yesterday a cop goes to his house, kid denies it, says his damages were from 2004 and hes got witnesses. cop examined his car and agreed his car damages were old. how do damages look old? how can it not be him? how can i have white scrapes on my car? how does he have 2 lugnuts missing? we recovered 2 of the same ones at the scene when it happened! the recovered lugniuts match his!! his car is white with damages you'd be looking for based on my damages! and its a school parking lot! not a mall parking lot! so the same people park there everyday! i see this son of a bitch everyday! another thing that might put him in the clear is we recovered broken side mirror glass at the scene, but his is intact.
my driver side mirror is hanging but intact!
is it possible that my mirror had an extra layer of glass on top of it that fell and broke, thus the broken mirror at the scene? i dunno. any help is appreciated.
peace
Old 05-31-2007, 11:50 PM
Launching!

damn son sounds messed up. yea id be living if all of those things matched and the policed seemed like they are just blowing it off. and i have no idea how u can tell when damage is "old".GL and give us updates
Old 06-01-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Regular

it's possible that it wasn't this kid... but..... it's your best bet. See if you can get one of his friends to tell you whether or not the damage is old. His parents probably know better than anyone how old the damage is but that could be a dead end. Sorry to hear, and makes me pat myself on the back for always parking my t/a far away from other cars and not daily driving it.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:34 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This whole situation sucks, but don't you have insurance to take care of this? Ponying up $7k for someone else's nonsense is criminal...
Old 06-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Launching!

i only have liability. i know. that should change soon. this is bullshit. i think i will pursue this son of a bitch. i'm afraid to make a report. the coppers keep asking me if i wanna take a report, but im afraid it would show up on car fax or change my car title or whatever. thanks for the support guys. keep em coming. i've decided now not to back off from this camaro. i will keep pursuing this till i know for sure its not him.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Launching!

just keep your head on straight and dont go doin stupid **** thinkin it was him even though u have a lot to think it was him. could do something that u will really wish u didnt.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Launching!

i just spoke to a friend that knows some legal stuff and he said this -> the cops showed up at his house and asked if it was him and he said no and just took his word for it??? they should of gotten people "experts" to have a look at both cars and see if its him or not. thats what he said. i wanna take this guy to court man! isnt it wierd that of all the cars it was a camaro that hit my t/a? hey if you post here, i'm gonna get you you son of a bitch.
question: how does one get caught committing insurance fraud?
Old 06-02-2007, 02:22 AM
Launching!

evidence:
1. 2 lugnuts recovered at scene matches his. and he has 2 lugnuts missing!
2. streaks of white paint are on my car! his car is white!
3. his damages are located and looks like what you would be looking for based on my damages. his damages are on the right spot!
4. this happened in school! so its someone from school! the same people park there everyday!
5. this happened on a thursday! between 9am-3pm! his car is there tuesdays and thursdays. he arrives at exactly 9 am and leaves at 2:30 pm!
6. he now parks far away! maybe so i woldnt see him! his car is a v6 and its dirty so its obvious he doesnt park far to keep his car safe like we all do!
7. when i stood by his car one day and walked a couple of feet away, he snuck in his car quickly and took off!
8. his damages according to the cops were not reported!!
9. i looked at everysingle ******* car in school! i saw alot of white cars with similar damages but the lugnuts dont match! come on now!

things that put him in the clear
1. his side mirror is intact! at the scene however we recovered broken pieces of mirror. (maybe he went to the junkyard and replaced it? because his mirror looked dirty, not new)
2. cop claims his damges look "old" and kid denied it and has "witnesses from '04" (how the **** do damages look "old"??! i saw no rust!)

this is a ******* hit and run and pigs arent doing **** about this?>

come on now!!!!! ****

Quick Reply: somebody side swiped my car :(