Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Camaro install pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Camaro install pics

An install I did for a buddy from wisconsin. The components:
Pioneer HU he already had
Infinity 611a monoblock
Infinity 7541a 4channel
2x Infinity Kappa Coaxials
2x Elemental Designs SQ10's
Knukonceptz Wiring
Oznium Cold Cathodes and Switches
Custom DrivenAudio sub box/amp rack

The ride

The radio

Speaker installed in front doors (all new wire was ran to the amp)

Speaker installed in sail panel, the tweeter is so deep on these speakers it hits the grill but we were able to get them back on

The 4 channel is underneath, with the monoblock on top with some cold cathode tubes mounted underneath it for some bling bling

The view. It turned out looking absolutely bad ***, ill get some pics from nite soon.

We also put cathodes under the dash, unfotunately I sat on one of them and it cracked so there isnt one on the drivers side but hopefully there will be a replacement installed soon. We also put switches in the center counsle for the rear lighting, under dash lighting, and the power antenna which I wired up for Paar. All and all the system sounds great and looks even sweeter. Questions, comments, etc
Old 05-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks very nice. how does it sound.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Teching In

u should get some dark tint
Old 05-25-2007, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

stupid question, but how do you get the door panels off?

another question I have the JL speakers and they are oval...is there some type of bracket I need to get for them to fit in the sail panels?

according to the sound advice guy they are the right size speakers for the car.

Chad
Old 05-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nimitz87
stupid question, but how do you get the door panels off?

another question I have the JL speakers and they are oval...is there some type of bracket I need to get for them to fit in the sail panels?

according to the sound advice guy they are the right size speakers for the car.

Chad
If by oval you mean 6x9's they were never in a 4th gen F-body. The 4th gens have round speakers everywhere...6.5" in the doors, 6.5" in the sails, and 4" with seperate tweeter in the rear hatch in some cars. There was also a factory bose sub in some cars as well. The third gen cars had 6x9's in the sail panels and 4x6's in the dash facing up. If he sold you 6x9's or any other oval speaker take them back...he either got mixed up with the years or simply didn't know.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

SQ10s need a lot more airspace than you're giving them. My feelings about ED as a company aside, you chose the wrong sub of theirs for that box. And not just by a little bit.

Other than that, not a bad looking install. Could use some dark tint, yes, and make sure you have an alarm system.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well lets see Im gonna defend Elemental Designs on this because for starters I have used there stuff for over 4 years now, I also have done over 20 installs with there stuff with very happy customers. Also there arent many subs and none others that they make that would fit with the box being that shallow
Old 05-25-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

and the added tilt towards the back window will give nice reflections and longer base waves or whatever...

Im sure if the well enclosures could be made to point up into the window more they would hit even crazier

Shrugs Ill also chime in and say I love my 13Ov2 in my ttop box from subthump

Those 12s are crazy they are MUCH better than the old Full well enclosure 15;s box i had with rockford fosgate 15's HE-2.

Id feel safe going with eD!

before this I had never heard of them.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
Well lets see Im gonna defend Elemental Designs on this because for starters I have used there stuff for over 4 years now, I also have done over 20 installs with there stuff with very happy customers. Also there arent many subs and none others that they make that would fit with the box being that shallow
You've done 20 installs without ever modelling up subs to even see that you're using the right type of sub for your box? You have no business in this field.

And what the hell are you defending? I didn't bash ED, I said you picked the wrong sub for your install. Instead of trying to give us some BS credentials to defend yourself, try reading my post. And try doing a little research beforehand next time you buy your equipment.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

bottom line.. no matter how you quote numbers and do test and so on and so forth... you have to make the customers happy.. they have to feel like the money they spent was worth it.

Sometimes you spend money on a reputable and supoposedly far superior item cause all the tests show it.. and then when you put it in.. and such it sucks... and doesnt live up to your expectations.

Sometimes you get a gem like these damn eD subs which I lucked out on, and they turn out to blow away your expectations.

Tests or no tests specs or no specs.. its the results of having happy customers which keep peopel and companies in business

So easy trigger.. lay off the guy and dont get all flamey

I know you are tryign to inform people about what you think and can prove are superioir subs etc,... but you do so sometimes in such an abrasive fashion you comepletely fail..

just my teenie tiny observation chief... no harm no foul
Old 05-25-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

And here we have yet another one. Twice have I pointed out that I'm not bashing ED here and it's still not getting across. Notice that ED has OTHER SUBS IN THAT SIZE. The SQ10 was THE WRONG ONE TO PICK. PERIOD.

You ALWAYS have to match speakers to boxes, whether you buy ED or a better brand. If you think otherwise, then stick to Dual subs from Wal-mart.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

let me once again say the SQ10 wasnt the wrong sub beacause other then maybe the 9kv or the 7kv none of there subs would have fitted where we wanted with height and box size restrictions, and as far as everything else you have to say about me having no business in this field why should I bother arguing with someone on the internet when I have tons of customers who come back to me time and time again
Old 05-25-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonrage
Notice that ED has OTHER SUBS IN THAT SIZE. The SQ10 was THE WRONG ONE TO PICK. PERIOD.

You ALWAYS have to match speakers to boxes, whether you buy ED or a better brand. If you think otherwise, then stick to Dual subs from Wal-mart.
huh???? are we talking about the same sub and looking at the same box??? looks within spec to me....
Old 05-25-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

I think he may like to argue
Old 05-25-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

SQ10 NEEDS a large ported box. 'bout 3cuft for 2. Otherwise you get a F3 around 80Hz, which is beyond horrible.

If you guys didn't understand that, ask instead of giving me "blah blah blah I've installed 20 setups before blah blah blah"

As far as customers, most people think BOSE is great. Enough said about that.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

I need to look up the ported vs sealed stuff... cause I just assumed that if a sub does real well in a sealed box.. itll rock that much harder in a properly set up ported box..

or am i retarded as usual
Old 05-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

not a bad looking setup
Old 05-25-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

How a driver works in sealed vs. ported environments really varies from driver to driver. Some drivers are like the SQ10, useless in a sealed environment, and absolutely must be ported. Others pound in a sealed environment and don't gain much in a ported environment. The former is more common than the latter. I'd say most subs can live in either type of box if designed correctly, but the SQ10 is not one of them. Try modelling it up in WinISD.

No matter how little depth you had, the SQ10 was the wrong sub. Period. If you can't fit the other ED subs of that size in there, switch brands or switch boxes.

You just installed a couple of oversized woofers. Nothing "sub" about them.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:51 PM

from what i can gather...

this looks like a badass install.
apparently ED doesnt post the right specs for their subs?
satisfying customers is not what a business is about?
dragonrage is teh failz ITT
Old 05-26-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

Ahh thanks. I wasnt sure if there were specifically designed subs for ported or sealed. I just knew they were designed depending on the volume of air needed and then they had a mounting depth which I guess depeneding on their magnet or whatever you call the backside of the sub

I have barely a ducktape's knowledge about the stuff

Do you like the 13Ov2's? Just curious to compare your thoughts to what im experiencing with them. Havent ever worked with the SQ10 so cant say anythign about them specifically.

Only thing I dont like about the set up is how blatantly you advertise you have a system and it just begs for some dude to smahs the window and try to take it.

Do you have anything bolting it down liek thru those sail panels? You cant very well drill intot he gas tank

Quick Reply: Camaro install pics