Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP MAF : port or not to port

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SLP MAF : port or not to port

I was wondering if anyone has ported their SLP MAF? Removed the screen; removed the cloumn down the middle; any other work. TIA.

Old 04-29-2003, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SLP MAF : port or not to port

That's a definate no, no. Porting it and or descreening will screw up the calibration and make your car run very lean and you'll loose power from the knock sensor kicking in so you don't damage your motor. I had been using a SLP mass air on my car until a couple weeks ago I took it off and my car seems to be running much better lately and my gas gauge doesn't move as fast. My car is running very rich not lean which is what most mass airs do. Keep the stock one.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a definate no, no. Porting it and or descreening will screw up the calibration and make your car run very lean and you'll loose power from the knock sensor kicking in so you don't damage your motor. I had been using a SLP mass air on my car until a couple weeks ago I took it off and my car seems to be running much better lately and my gas gauge doesn't move as fast. My car is running very rich not lean which is what most mass airs do. Keep the stock one.
Porting the MAF is a bad idea with an A4 LS1. It can cause a decrease in line pressure and eventually your tranny can . Ported MAF ends on an M6 car are usually a good mod. Descreening your MAF is fine. You should not see any negative affects. Run a search. Everyone has descreened their MAF. I'm talking 8second to 13 second cars.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:41 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quotePorting the MAF is a bad idea with an A4 LS1. It can cause a decrease in line pressure and eventually your tranny can .

[/quote]

How is that?!!?! How could porting the MAF housing decrease the line pressure of the tranmission? Am I missing something......

Old 04-30-2003, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Read this post. It'll tell you just about everything you need to know about MAF's. My screen name used to be camaro_ls1 back then so that's me posting. Pay special attention to the Colonel's post. He knows his ****.

Hope that helps.