Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior Restoration and dynomat?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Interior Restoration and dynomat?

Ok so, I have a 98 SS with 118k

The interior isn't in bad shape, but there are some small stains, general wear thats starting to stand out, so I wanna strip out all the interior and redo the carpet, panels, and eventually seats, and also dynomat to lower road noise and such.

Anyone done this? Have pics during?

Trying to get a handle on if this is something I can do myself, and if so, what kind of tools I'll need / how big of a job it will be.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im in the process now. Im am having to do modifications to my roll cage before I do the dynamat but I have the interior out of it now and I just got done making custom brackets for some new seats that way I can run a 5 point harness. I will have pics up once I get into it a bit further!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HILL_SS
Im in the process now. Im am having to do modifications to my roll cage before I do the dynamat but I have the interior out of it now and I just got done making custom brackets for some new seats that way I can run a 5 point harness. I will have pics up once I get into it a bit further!
was it a lot of work?

I just wanna put in new carpet, mine has some stains in it, and redo the panels so everything looks new again on the inside.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you might want to look into these products over dynomat.....

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/
Old 05-26-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

Go here for pictures of my install last year. I completely stripped out the entire interior put 160 sq/ft of sound deadening mat and then put 16 sq/yds of sound deadening foam over that. I have a cammed ORY, GMMG car with 4.10's and it's quieter on the highway than my Honda Accord is. When done right the results are amazing. Just don't cheap out and buy the fake sound deadening stuff from eBay or only put a little amount on. It won't make any real differences then.

http://www.projectcamaro.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8114