Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

v8 tj conversion started...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v8 tj conversion started...

my goals are to have this 5.3 lsx in my 06 tj before july..should not be uch of a problem.

i ordered some of the parts from advanced adapters about 2 weeks ago and last week it all showed up...so im happy with that.

will be sending off my gm harness for a working over soon along with the 5.3 computer.

one issue i will need to work through is what to do with the fly-by-wire throttle body.. keep it or ditch it in favor of a cable..

if any one has any input on that lemme know as im thinking i need to ditch it but that would mean grabbing a new throttle body and doing what???? with the pcm?

steve
Old 05-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Fly by wire is pretty easy. I went with that with my hummer kit. All you do is install the new gas pedal in the jeep and plug it into the harness. Cable will require getting adapters but not a whole new TB I think. If it were me as I just did I would just put the pedal in and plug and play.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

what did your pedal come out of then?

steve
Old 05-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Launching!

My pedal came out of the same truck that I got the engine from. You should be able to use any pedal from a 5.3 vehicle but to play it safe you could souce it out of the same year of whatever the engine came from. In my case the wrecker gave the the pedal along with the computer, wiring and everything else. You might just call whoever sold you the engine.

Someone else will probably chime in soon as to whether any drive by wire pedal will work. My hunch is this would be the case as the wiring stuff is pretty mush the same across the 4.8,5.3,6.0 family.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Spend your money on something else besides a new throttle body. Using the FBW makes cruise control real easy to hook up. And you don't have to mess with adapters and brackets and cables. Just 4 wires to hook up from the old harness to your new harness, plus a ground. I think any truck FBW pedal will work with any truck TAC module and harness.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Steve,

I used the fly-by-wire in mine also. I got the pedal from the donor vehicle that supplied the engine. I ended up sending the pedal along with the computer and harness when i sent them out to get re-worked/tuned.

Rick

Quick Reply: v8 tj conversion started...