General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help with ignition problem!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with ignition problem!!!

hey guys my car was acting funny the other day, like it would be at a total loss of power. then all of a sudden it would be fine again. well i got tired of it and started looking for the problem. i found that i had a bad connection at the pass. side main coil pack connector. if i moved the connector slightly it would be fine, and vise versa. well i tried to move the female connector end around a little and found that it had a huge gap and probably wasnt making a good connection. so i put a little piece of metal in there to try and make it fit tighter. well, the metal piece fell out and was sitting on the ground terminal also and i think it shorted something out. now i checked the pink wire for power and i have nothing, but that ground on the connector is still good.. my other side of coils has power.

i think the PCM only sends one signal of power to the coils and it splits off somewhere. i need to find a good wiring diagram to search this out. does anyone know how its wired or where i can find such a diagram, thanks!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets try this over here.

Search this Thread