General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Head Gasket Repair

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 06:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Head Gasket Repair

I have just had a blown Head Gasket repaired.I was told the engine oil should be changed at least a couple of times after, to completely remove any remaining coolant that could cause internal problems.Can anyone help me out? Now I have a couple of spun bearings.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whoa whoa.....spun bearings, what are you doing to this car, to blow head gaskets and spin bearings?...
Old 05-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The head gasket blew as I was leaving the garage the day before dropping it off for the head and cam package.I drove it back, as per the shop's OK and left it there to get the head and cam package done.It seemed good, for just about a week. I was very easy on it,never even done a burnout! Then bang bang bang. That was the end of $5000 so far, and now I have to get my lower end rebuilt.I am just trying to be smart and any advise would be helpful. Thanks
Old 05-29-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm well something between dropping it off at the shop and you blowing the bottom end....went terribly wrong, just because you might have "trace" fluids in the system that will not spin a bearing....

get the lower end rebuilt, check some of the sponsors sites for a forged rotating assembly, and go from there....