Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 in el camino/g-body swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 in el camino/g-body swap

hey im getting ready to start working on my next project,its a 83 el camino,it will be tubbed w/ ladder bar rear susp.,narrowed 12 bolt with strange axles spool c-clip eliminators,th-400 trans w/ reverse manual valve body,trans brake ect. and the engne i have is a bone stock aluminum head 6.0 freshly pulled from a 2003 truck.i am planning on running the stock fuel injection,i have the coil packs,computer and the other accesorys.i need to know who makes the best wiring harness,who makes good long-tube headers,will i need to change the oil pan,and what i need to do to reach about 450-500hp.any other advice is greatly appreciated also!
Old 05-28-2007, 11:04 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For the wiring I would go with speartch or wait4meperformance if you are not going to do it yourself.

I don`t really know about headers, I think the only company that makes them for the swap is schoenfields(SP?)

You will need to change the pan, and possibly still clearance the pan or crossmember.

I think a cam swap should give you 450+.

Check out this thread for lots of info. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=camino

Also check out John B.`s site

Quick Reply: 6.0 in el camino/g-body swap