Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line Lock Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Line Lock Installed

My car is a stripper model so I had plenty of places to mount the controls. I mounted them just below the middle vents in the center panel on the dash. I got power from the red wire on one of the unused pigtails back there. I ran the wire to the solenoid through the big grommet over by the PCM, then ran it under the cowl and forward to the "front mounted" solenoid on the fender well. No leaks and it holds great.

This thing is cool! Smoked the tires with the car still in the garage lol.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShevrolayZ28
My car is a stripper model so I had plenty of places to mount the controls. I mounted them just below the middle vents in the center panel on the dash. I got power from the red wire on one of the unused pigtails back there. I ran the wire to the solenoid through the big grommet over by the PCM, then ran it under the cowl and forward to the "front mounted" solenoid on the fender well. No leaks and it holds great.

This thing is cool! Smoked the tires with the car still in the garage lol.
well you had better luck than i did. i bought a slp linr lock and it leaked like a siv(whats a siv anyway?) i had to put that thread tape **** on it and so fa so good. and yea it is fun doing burnouts in the garage.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bobodog
well you had better luck than i did. i bought a slp linr lock and it leaked like a siv(whats a siv anyway?) i had to put that thread tape **** on it and so fa so good. and yea it is fun doing burnouts in the garage.
I had to use fitting wrenches and crank them pretty tight on the solenoid end so that they wouldn't leak.

A sive is used to filter stuff like dirt.

Sive reminds of that Cheech and Ching song from way back.

"My momma talk'en to me try to tell me how to live.
I never listen to her cuz my head's just like a sive."
Old 05-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a line lock kit for my car. I was reading the instructions and part of them didnt make any sense to me. The tubes they tell you to take off and replace are 2 different diameters. Can you take some picks of your installs so i have better pictures to compare to? Thanks
Old 06-01-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry, no camera. When search is working you can finds some pics.

If you are just doing the line lock you should be dealing with tubing that is all the same diameter, though the fittings are different sizes.

Where are you puting the solenoid? On the front of the DS wheel well? And are some of the fittings colored?
Old 06-01-2007, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

Don't even need to use the search feature. There's been at least 3-4 of us in the last few days to put up picturse of our installs
Old 06-01-2007, 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, no camera. When search is working you can finds some pics.

If you are just doing the line lock you should be dealing with tubing that is all the same diameter, though the fittings are different sizes.

Where are you puting the solenoid? On the front of the DS wheel well? And are some of the fittings colored?

I can't tell who is who by user names, but if you are asking a question about any of our kits, feel free to call me directly.

I can answer any questions that you may have. Installed pictures are included with our kits, so it should actually be self explanatory...I am here to help if you need it.

We FULLY support all the products we design and manufacture.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
I can't tell who is who by user names, but if you are asking a question about any of our kits, feel free to call me directly.

I can answer any questions that you may have. Installed pictures are included with our kits, so it should actually be self explanatory...I am here to help if you need it.

We FULLY support all the products we design and manufacture.
lol I am Mark and I'm a Camaroholic.

I got mine from you. With your detailed instructions the installation was tit.

The only problem I had was that one of the pre-soldered connections on the momentary switch came undone (probably due to careless handling on my part) and then when I tried to solder it back on I made it too hot and melted the switch. I got another switch at Radio Shack and carefully soldered it and I was good to go. Good product overall.

I just hope you'll sell me the necessary fittings and lines when I eventually eliminate the ABS. You won't make me buy a whole kit will you? I already have a proportioning valve from another car. Maybe you remember me now lol.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:00 PM
FormerVendor

lol I am Mark and I'm a Camaroholic.

I got mine from you. With your detailed instructions the installation was tit.

The only problem I had was that one of the pre-soldered connections on the momentary switch came undone (probably due to careless handling on my part) and then when I tried to solder it back on I made it too hot and melted the switch. I got another switch at Radio Shack and carefully soldered it and I was good to go. Good product overall.

I just hope you'll sell me the necessary fittings and lines when I eventually eliminate the ABS. You won't make me buy a whole kit will you? I already have a proportioning valve from another car. Maybe you remember me now lol.
Call me when you need help and I will be happy to assist you when you need it:-).
Old 06-01-2007, 02:08 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Oneslowz28
I just got a line lock kit for my car. I was reading the instructions and part of them didnt make any sense to me. The tubes they tell you to take off and replace are 2 different diameters. Can you take some picks of your installs so i have better pictures to compare to? Thanks

My above initial question was quoted to the incorrect person. Please see my above first question (Post #7)

Thanks!