General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

'99 WS6 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 WS6 Problems

I hope I'm in the right spot to post this question. I'm new to this forum.

This weekend, I replaced my brake pads and rotors. I had some trouble removing the rear rotors. They came off a little easier after I released the parking brake, but I still had to use a hammer on them. Installing the new parts went smoothly, but now I have a bad clunking noise coming from the rear driver's side everytime I hit a bump. It does not seem quite as bad after speed builds, but it almost sounds like the back end is going to fall out. Anybody have any ideas?

Another issue I've been having is the low coolant light. While I had the car sitting on a slight downhill, and idling, the light came on. The car did not overheat. The next day, I turned the ignition on and checked the fluid in the radiator. The radiator is full and the resorvoir seems to be at normal levels? Could it be the sensor? Is there an easy way to replace it?
Old 05-31-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome aboard. For the clunk I'd raise the rear and hit on everything with a rubber mallet to see if you can duplicate the noise. Also pull the wheel and double check everything. The low coolant sensors go bad all the time - it's easy to replace, some people just disconnect it to keep the light off.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.... I put the car up on stands and found that I lost a caliper bolt, so the clunk must have been caused by the swinging caliper. After I replace it, that should take care of the noise.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:11 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Moving to General Maintenance.....