Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

the price of Cheap FI tubing connectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default the price of Cheap FI tubing connectors

Anyone run into this?
I installed my STS and was very happy I noticed a slight drop in low end response that I chocked up to the turbo being more restrictive than the muffler, the piping...etc., but I could deal with it. Well slowly the low RPM range has been getting worse and worse, but kinda slowly....ya know. The car would lunge off the line and fall into a hole....start to go and when it boosted, it tore the tires loose.
Guy at work today was under the hood and goes "watch" as he flicked the throttle the 90 elbow going into the TB sucked it self closed. I was like DAMNNN That looks bad. It looks to me like it might be my problem. Anyway who has good connectors that won't rape me?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good connectors will be pricey thats the way it goes. Turbohoses.com or high temp silicone.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Remove your air filter and try to do it again. The elbow will suck in if the filter is a large enough restriction. Maybe clean it or put a larger one on there. The silicone hoses have no strength against suction. they are just designed not to blow up under pressure. Or run with just the elbow on and see if that alone will colapse the elbow
Old 05-31-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Second Club

mine does this same thing. i think its because when you rev up the car in park, it is only in vacuum and sucks the elbow in, but when your driving it, the boost keeps it "blown up". watch a dyno video of an sts car and you'll see what i mean. when being driven, the elbow expands from the boost!
Old 06-01-2007, 02:34 AM
TECH Addict

I always go with HTS connectors, they cost a bit more but they are always great quality stuff, buy t-bolt clamps while your at it too, they cost about $3/ea and are worth it.

Quick Reply: the price of Cheap FI tubing connectors